The Project Manager is responsible for planning, management, control, and organization of key client projects. This job provides direction for project objectives and ensures project completion. The Project Manager is in charge of a specific project or projects within the company. The Project Manager's job is to plan, oversee, and document all aspects of the specific project being worked on. The Project Manager is responsible for delivering every project on time and within scope. The Project Manager will work closely with other Project Managers and company team members to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is feasible and within the scope of the overall company goals.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
* Works closely with customers to assess their workflow, objectives, and to ensure technical feasibility; ensures project onboarding and database provisioning completion; coordinates and/or delivers software training, workflow refinement, and continued customer follow-up
* Developing project scopes, involving relevant stakeholders; and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
* Ensure resource availability and allocation
* Delivering project on-time, within scope, and making sure that all aims of the project are met
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing all projects including new and different requests
* Reviews the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project and company standards
* Bachelor's Degree in life science, project management, business or related required
* Master's Degree in Genetic Counseling strongly preferred but not required
* Knowledge of project or organizational management, software development, and web technologies.
* Experience in managing multiple projects at one time is highly desirable. Genetic Counseling or clinical experience preferred.
* Skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they oversee.
* Highly organized, analytical, and have the ability to motivate and manage others.
* Demonstrate good time management and leadership skills.
* Thrive when planning projects and working in teams.
* Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, database management, and web technology.
* Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Solid organizational skills with an attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
* PMP certification is a plus.
Progeny, a subsidiary of Ambry Genetics, provides family history, pedigree, and genetic data management software to clinicians, researchers and laboratories worldwide.
Progeny Clinical is the gold standard clinical platform that allows you to quickly manage family history data without the time-consuming and expensive costs of setting up and maintaining your own secure database and infrastructure. Capture data from patients through online family history questionnaires and automatically draw family pedigrees. Identify at-risk individuals using validated risk assessment models. Order and track genetic testing quickly without leaving the software. Integrate your pedigrees with your EMR.
Discover why the top healthcare and research institutions in 80 countries have trusted Progeny to collect and manage family history to determine inherited risk and deliver personalized treatment.
Progeny Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Ambry Genetics
Ambry Genetics is a healthcare company.