As a business systems analyst (BSA) in the software development department at Ambry Genetics, you will define how a system or software application can support business activities, workflows, and processes for the development of innovative software products in clinical genetics. Utilizing SCRUM and AGILE methodologies, the BSA will oversee a software solution through the entire SDLC, from discovery, design, development, and validation. The BSA is responsible for estimating project budget, create timelines of technical deliverables, and report project status updates upon request. At Ambry Genetics, you'll have the opportunity to create innovative solutions and leverage the latest technologies to make our diagnostics-testing even better. The ideal candidate should have combined knowledge of both the business and technical environment. Knowledge of the genetics, genetic testing, and/or healthcare industry a huge plus and a sense of humor is a must.
* Lead requirements gathering sessions with business users to define business logic that the software application needs to support
* Work with Technical Leads to develop solutions that align with defined business logic, goals and objectives, and determine the technical and operational feasibility of said solution and
* Identify technical constrains to the proposed software solution.
* Identify and report impact of proposed software solution on other systems and workflows.
* Develop diagrams and flowcharts to assist development team in their understanding of the software development solution.
* Prepare functional requirements by analyzing current workflows in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the application.
* Ensure requirements are understood and approved by stakeholders.
* Work with QA to develop test plans.
* Create acceptance criteria, and training material for end user.
* Work with QAs to test and validate developed features against requirements and coordinate end user validation.
* Coordinate change control protocols that ensure the business approval of production deployments.
* Become technical subject matter expert for one or multiple web based applications.
* Work with Project Management Office (PMO) to estimate project budget, create timelines of technical deliverables
* Report project status updates upon request to high level stakeholders, end users, and IT software development management
* Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (or similar relevant specialization) or equivalent professional experience
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong verbal and written skills
* Understanding of AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
* Understanding of manual testing of web based applications
* Understanding of software development lifecycle
* Understanding of functional requirements gathering
* Some understanding of database concepts like SQL
* Some understanding of computer science
* 2 + years of business systems analyst experience or equivalent professional IT experience
* 1 + years of project management related experience a plus
* Experience facilitating project meetings, requirements gathering and follow-ups is a plus
* Experiences working in the SDLC
* Experience with AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
* Experience gathering requirements and documenting Use Cases
Ambry Genetics Corporation is a CAP-accredited and CLIA-licensed molecular genetics laboratory based in Aliso Viejo, California. We are a genetics-based healthcare company that is dedicated to open scientific exchange so we can work together to understand and treat all human disease faster.
At Ambry, everyone is welcome. A career at Ambry Genetics is a chance to be part of a dynamic company that aims to improve health by understanding the relationships between genetics and human disease. We earned our reputation as industry leaders by responsibly introducing cutting-edge genetic testing solutions and continually sharing what we learn with the global scientific community. We also support those with genetic conditions through the Mauli Ola Foundation and other nonprofit organizations.
At Ambry you will be learning, challenging yourself, and having fun while collaborating with teammates through the open exchange of ideas. Employees at Ambry Genetics have many perks, including an onsite café with complimentary smoothies and infused waters! We also offer access to gym memberships, onsite food trucks, "Lunch and Learns," and more. Our outstanding benefits program includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, and generous paid time off (PTO) program. Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Ambry Genetics
Ambry Genetics is a healthcare company.