What you'll be doing...
Our legacy networks are continuously improving to become even more robust and efficient, and we need your help to manage the transition. We'll be moving our customers to the best network and service options for them as we retire any outdated equipment. You'll manage the project from start to finish, ensuring that it runs smoothly and that we deliver the best outcome for our customers. Don't just watch the digital future unfold-be the engine that drives it, on our Network Transformation Program Management Team.
* Coordinating with project managers to create and align project plans.
* Overseeing the plan's execution.
* Identifying, tracking and solving unexpected problems, while minimizing risk.
* Reporting on milestones and deliverables.
* Possess a strong understanding of the Verizon internal and external network, both legacy and next generation equipment, services, and systems.
* Possess experience in working with or within the Consumer Mass Business, Verizon Partner Solutions, and or Verizon Enterprise Solutions organization or related customers / partners.
* Work with our customers, partners, and across lines of business to solve complex issues deriving from customer migrations.
* Be responsible for analyzing information to determine the best course of action that is in compliance with company and legal standards.
* Share knowledge and experience to enhance the technical and analytical capabilities of the PMO teams.
* Manage complex projects without direct supervision
* Track migrations 30/60/90 days to help identify key milestones critical to the overall program goals.
* Understand regulatory requirements if ILEC services.
* Analyze existing inventories of DS0 services and determine type, design current status of service.
What we're looking for...
No one runs a project like you do---on your watch, no balls are dropped. You view a problem as a puzzle you'd like to solve. You're no stranger to tight timelines and competing priorities. And you're a great communicator, able to translate complex technical specifications into concrete requirements. You know how to engage a team, set clear standards, remove barriers, and resolve issues, and you're committed to helping everyone on your team do their best work.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience managing projects, ideally, technical or construction.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Familiarity with Project Management Institute (PMI) process and standards.
* Experience with MS Project. Even better, Clarity PPM Engines.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.