What you'll be doing...
As a Project Manager - you'll be part of Verizon's Professional Services team and serve as an expert and lead resource for the Verizon Unified Communications and Collaboration as a Service (UCCaaS) product. Specifically, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of a Cisco-based data collection team who utilize complex tools which extract, parse, and format large amounts of user / device data for use by other teams in deployment and implementation of UCCaaS services.
You will interface with a team of data collection engineers, customers, project managers, and Verizon delivery teams throughout every project. In this role, you will be the point of contact and an escalation point for all deliverables required from the data collection team. Additional support might include training and workshop activities for onboarding contractors and employees to the data collection team, development and revision of new/existing tools, training of customers in completing their portion of data collection, and provide reporting to Verizon and customer leaders on status of projects.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Subject matter expert and team lead for the data collection team.
* Oversee day to day assignments and activities of contractors / employees on the team.
* Perform the lead and support role (including data collection/formatting activities for multiple projects - as needed).
* Lead technical sessions with customers to discover requirements and develop solutions.
* Collaborate with the project team (Project Manager and Delivery Engineer) to ensure the collection requirements are defined and agreed upon.
* Maintain project status reports to Verizon leaders and project managers.
* Interface with customers to mitigate process gaps and delays and maintain an efficient work flow.
* Mentor and develop junior data collection engineers.
* Evaluate and recommend new tools for process improvements/data collection efficiencies.
* Develop and Document data collection processes.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Five or more years of experience in complex Microsoft Excel development.
* Experience with Cisco Unified Communications architecture, knowledge of basic site and device configuration requirements, and experience in Cisco naming conventions, field types, and their application.
* Experiencing leading workflows and resources in high visibility / high velocity project schedules.
Even better if you have:
* A degree
* Experience as a team leader.
* Cisco CCNA / CCNP Collaboration with experience in deploying Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Unity Connection VM, etc.
* Strong project management skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Passed Excel certification exams in Core Data Analysis, Manipulation, Presentation, or Visualizing Data.
* Experience with Cisco AXL
* One or more development certifications:
* Classic ASP
* Microsoft SQL
* Five or more years of experience in complex Microsoft Excel development with proven capability to manage large amounts of data, create complex formulas, perform rapid/accurate data reformatting using macro's and other tools, and producing clean results for use throughout the team.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.