We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Operations Program Manager will play a key role in identifying and executing on innovative technology solutions to solve the business challenges facing Square's rapidly expanding Customer Success Team. This person will become a subject matter expert in our Tools ecosystem - understanding how they work, the user experience of those tools and the data flows between them. He or She will work across the full process of developing our new technology programs from gathering and documenting business and technical requirements, to working on solution design, implementing the solution, change management, then QA and analysis of resulting impact. The ideal candidate has strong collaboration skills, can connect the dots between business needs and technology solutions, and is passionate about process optimization and new technologies. This role reports to the Head of Customer Success Operations and partners closely with business systems and engineering teams.
* Become a subject matter expert in system behaviors, technology, dependencies and impacts (e.g. Salesforce, Amazon Connect phone system)
* Uncovering opportunities for efficiency gains and prioritizing implementation requirements
* Act as the operational partner for the business systems and engineering teams
* Facilitate cross-functional project scoping
* Develop and maintain functional specification documents for key initiatives, ensuring execution to business requirements
* Work closely with the engineering teams to prioritize, scope out, and propose optimal technology solutions
* Manage the Quality Assurance testing process for system changes
* Provides seamless change management for projects and programs
* Measure the productivity impacts and improvements to our Customer Service teams
* Propose process improvement through automation and redesign
* Bachelor's degree required; major in a technical field preferred
* Minimum 3 - 5 years of business systems experience, ideally in Services-oriented systems e.g. has experience with Salesforce Service Cloud
* Extensive experience documenting both business and technical requirements - ready for project execution
* Can-do attitude towards understanding and decrypting a complicated systems landscape
* Willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorming solutions to execution
* Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across functions including product, marketing, analytics, engineering
* Experience with Excel is needed; experience with SQL and Looker is not necessary, but a plus!
* Strong leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a company providing software, hardware, and financial services products.