We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Reconciliation Team oversees all money movement at Square, ensuring that our merchants, as well as external financial institutions, correctly settle with Square on every single transaction. We empower Accounting, Finance, Analytics, Payments, and product teams by delivering accurate data that is crucial to Square's financials and provides early warning indicators for many product systems at Square.
As a Technical Program Manager on the Reconciliation team,
* Understand the business strategy and roadmap for the product teams you support and design reconciliation solutions that help them achieve their business goals.
* Lead and collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to define our program roadmap.
* Manage technical projects, working closely with product and engineering teams, analytics, operations, and other cross-functional partners through the entire project lifecycle.
* Gather and define Reconciliation product requirements and define project scope.
* Drive collaboration with engineers and data analysts from Recon and related partner teams.
* Suggest and determine solution designs that balance overall complexity and maintainability with separation of concerns.
* Collect feedback from our data consumers and identify product pain points to drive future iterations.
* Estimate work efforts, manage competing priorities, and remove blockers / dependencies to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget.
* Identify issues and risks and clearly communicate status to project stakeholders.
* Use SQL to analyze anomalies and dig into problems as well as design and implement infrastructure for reporting pipelines that serve multiple business partners.
* A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
* 3-5 years of experience managing projects.
* Enthusiasm for and experience in designing solutions that satisfy the needs of your customers.
* A drive to improve processes and find efficiencies through continuous improvement.
* Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical partners.
* A can-do attitude and willingness to do what it takes to get things done.
* Ability to maintain multiple projects without compromising results.
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
* You lead by influence -- not authority -- to foster trust across the organization.
* Strong domain knowledge and understanding of data models.
* Skills in reading, editing, and writing SQL queries.
* Strong SQL experience and building ETLs and reports
* Experience in payments and financial services
* Engineering experience in designing and implementing robust, large-scale data processing systems
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a company providing software, hardware, and financial services products.