Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade!
You will be working on the Azure IoT platform team to help and drive our intelligent edge offering - enabling IoT platform on Azure Stack. Join us in helping drive our mission to offer the most scalable, powerful, and secure IoT platform, empowering businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 100 enterprises to achieve more.
Successful candidates should have a proven track record of strong technical design, ability to independently drive cross-group engagements, and familiarity with the tools and processes of cloud and device developers building hyperscale and highly reliable solutions.
* 2+ years' experience shipping a developer-oriented cloud service
* 2+ years' program management experience involving defining the roadmap, strategy, and go-to-market plans for a major enterprise-targeted product
* Understanding of basic computer science concepts such as data structures, databases, SQL, and programming languages
* Prior developer/coding experience
* Working knowledge of performing market analysis, competitive tear-downs and customer research to validate project priorities and direction
* Experience creating quality customer-facing product documentation, tutorials, and usage examples
* Experience working with developer, operator, and/or IT pro tools which manage the deployment, orchestration, and health/maintenance of data center resources such as networking, servers, and virtual machines
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, Data Science, or related disciplines
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Set the priorities and define user scenarios for the Azure IoT platform, specifically for scenarios enabling on-premise IoT solutions
* Lead, drive, and help author the core feature work and end-to-end customer scenarios for this initiative on the IoT platform
* Work closely with engineers, partners, and stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements and ensure alignment on scenarios
* Listen and learn directly from customers and through customer data to ensure we're making correct decisions each step of the way
* Translate ideas into reality by writing high quality specs and driving for results throughout the entire product development cycle
* Author the product documentation, samples/demos, and customer/field readiness material for your areas of responsibility
* Present and promote your area of expertise at trade shows, customer events, hackathons, and internal trainings
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.