Product Manager - Developer Platform Privacy & Data Protection
San Francisco, CA
Twitter is seeking a product manager to lead the creation of new and innovative solutions that will continue to keep people and their data safe as we build the future of the Twitter developer platform.
The Twitter API has been used by millions of developers to build integrations with Twitter, from "hello world" apps in classroom settings to the most-used consumer and business products in the world. If you're interested in this opportunity, there's a good chance you've used it before too.
We believe the Twitter API plays an essential role in Twitter's future, and it's therefore critical that we remain at the cutting edge of protecting our users' privacy and data in every aspect of how we build our products. Your job will be to obsess about this challenge, stay up to date with the latest technology and trends, and build the solutions that make the Twitter API a best-in-class example of security, privacy & data protection.
Who We Are
You'll join an established team of product managers and a wider cross-functional team that is responsible for Twitter's developer platform, including our public Twitter API and our enterprise data licensing business. The team includes engineering, design, user research, developer relations, developer marketing, sales & partnerships, as well as key partners in policy, legal and comms. You'll work with senior leaders across Twitter to shape our strategy & products for external developers.
What You'll Do
You'll develop a deep understanding of the needs and challenges facing the diverse set of developers who build on the Twitter API today. You'll work with experts across the company to understand the set of ethical & regulatory considerations that define Twitter's commitments in this area. Working from that understanding, you'll lead teams to build the solutions that make the Twitter API a best-in-class example of security, privacy & data protection.
Your goal will be to keep our users and their data safe as we grow the number of developers who find success building on our platform..
Who You Are
You have a track record of success building developer and/or data products, and you understand what it means to deliver value to technical customers. You get excited about complicated challenges that intersect with customer motivations, technical solutions, business strategy, and legal & policy considerations. When faced with such challenges, you know how to rally a cross-functional team to find alignment and deliver for customers. You're intensely curious, willing to change your mind given new data, and able to change directions quickly if you/the team discovers a better way to serve your customers.
* Understand consumer trust & safety concerns and regulatory considerations through close partnership with Twitter's Trust & Safety and Legal teams.
* Research and synthesize the needs of developers building on the Twitter API.
* Develop a vision & product roadmap for improving how we make our API products available to developers.
* Define success criteria & metrics for your team's work, and positively impact those metrics.
* Work closely with research, design, engineering and other product managers to define & ship software.
* Work closely with cross-functional partners including developer relations, sales, partnerships and operations teams to align work and ensure that supporting systems & processes are in place for your products to achieve success with customers.
* Align roadmaps and coordinate product decisions with other product teams to deliver a consistent overall developer experience.
* Understand and advocate for future direction of the Twitter API based on broader trends in the market, user research, and customer feedback.
* Inspire your team and contribute to overall team health through retros, trainings, etc.
* 2+ years of experience in a product management role
* Experience with consumer trust & safety efforts a strong plus
* Past success shipping products that your customers love
* Empathy for user problems, and an ability to distill insights into the right product answer
* Technical familiarity with details of API design & use
* Strong sense of what it means to deliver a great customer experience to developers
* Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Exceptional planning, collaboration and organizational skills
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.