Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Localization Producer, you believe that authentic and immersive localization enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You'll work closely with Central Development and Localization leadership in regional offices to build a high-functioning Localization discipline and to meet the objectives of several, simultaneous projects. You've dedicated a lot of time thinking about the balance of speedy content creation and quality and can help product teams successfully balance the two. You should have an internal game development experience with a special focus on localization. At the end of the day, you won't be satisfied until players around the world experience a highly polished game.
* Ensure that our DEV practices incorporate internationalization and global mindset as part of the core philosophy
* Clearly communicate the goals of your projects to senior leaders in an effort to achieve constant partner alignment across the organization
* Champion the tenets of holistic ownership of products and processes from end-to-end while effectively engaging all partners concerning localization Champion the vision of the localized experience, building positive relationships with developers and regional teams
* Develop the production muscle of the localization discipline by providing mentorship to junior producers and working with senior production members to identify needs
* Have a deep understanding of agile methodologies and how they apply to localization
* Showcase exemplary communication skills: listening to, speaking with, and resolving conflicts with members of dynamic disciplines all while remaining cool and composed under pressure
* Connect centrally located Rioters with Rioters in other regions, developing robust lines of communication and encouraging holistic teamwork
* Identify project risks, create timely mitigation plans, and communicate them to all relevant partners
* Educated and experienced: you've spent at least three years as a dedicated localization manager or project manager in a AAA gaming studio (not vendor side); you possess the experience needed to tackle the toughest localization problems and to set future games of any genre up for success
* Experience working with multiple technical and creative disciplines
* Excellent analytical skills: understanding, simplifying, and solving any problems in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
* You work well in cross-functional teams with the ability to autonomously make decisions.
* Skilled with the tools of the trade: you're conversant in localization content management systems, version control systems, and media localization tools; Good knowledge of office type programs (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentation), experience with software and tools related to planning, scheduling, and QA
* An Agile advocate: you're familiar with Agile methodologies when applied to localization. You understand the difference between "doing Agile" and "being Agile"
* A Loc pro: you're well versed in multiple forms of media and have an in-depth knowledge of game localization; you're knowledgeable of the voice recording process as it applies to the various locales and possesses a deep understanding of localization QA processes and practices
* Dev champion: you aren't afraid to get into the details working alongside developers. You seek to better understand the pains a poor localization process crafts so that you can help build a better one
* Player-focused: as a player yourself, you know that subpar localization disrupts the player experience, whereas phenomenal localization brings clarity to gameplay and makes players feel like they're being given the right kind of attention
* A supportive communicator: your interpersonal skills are world-class and you're known for your appreciation of diverse solutions and perspectives; you've got great relationships with all of your coworkers and able to maintain these relationships across distance, culture, and time zones
* You know how to make data "speak" through analysis and application on a large scale
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.