In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Riot's Data Discipline builds tools to understand Riot and Player data, which may be used to delight our global audience or to inform the business for strategic decisions that drive player value. Whether you are a Data Scientist casting a neural net, a Data Engineer building a hundred node parallelized data pipeline, or a Data Architect designing data products that are more efficient and dependable, we need you. We use cutting-edge data processing technology and have access to the latest cloud services available, but handling the potential of all this data is a tremendous and complex task. That's where you come in.
Data Engineers at Riot have a rare mix of software, infrastructure, and analytical skills required to ideate and build data systems that help inform business decisions. We may index high in software development, dimensional modeling of relational data, or analyzing big data, but regardless of their specialization, all Data Engineers have the ability to translate business requirements requiring data into actionable segments. Creating data systems that serve other Rioters requires us to be excellent communicators, not only to other technologists, but also to analysts, data scientists, and product owners across the org.
As a Data Engineer on the Riot Direct team, your expertise in building data pipelines will be used to collect, process, and action on data directly related to our players' network experience. Your unique knowledge of big data technology will complement the skills of passionate engineers, analysts, and data scientists you will pair with to design and build data products that operate at a global scale. Through collaboration with game and other product teams across Riot, you will help make positive, player-impacting decisions for League of Legends and future games.
* Automate and maintain batch pipelines that capture data that's used to improve the network experience of players.
* Design and build new streaming based data pipelines to capture and act on network traffic on the fly.
* Select technologies and platforms that provide efficient insights with a high ROI.
* Be the voice for data informed decisions based on your products.
* Work with stakeholders to deliver data products tailored to their needs.
* Mentor more junior data engineers, and work efficiently with other technologists.
* Experience with data processing using SQL and Python and dimensional modeling of relational data
* Development experience with Scala, Java, C++, or GoLang
* Using the command line for deploying and debugging data services
* Dimensional modeling of relational data and tuning relational and/or NoSQL databases
* Big Data tech including Spark and Elasticsearch
* Knowledge and experience with engineering best practices (CI/CD, testing, automation)
* Experience with Container technology (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
* Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
* Basic computer networking knowledge
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.