University of Washington
This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here. UW Medicine's mission is to improve the health of the public by advancing medical knowledge, providing outstanding primary and specialty care to the people of the region, and preparing tomorrow's physicians, scientists and other health professionals. UW Medicine owns or operates Harborview Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Medical Center, a network of UW Medicine Neighborhood Clinics that provide primary care, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine, Airlift Northwest, and other owned, operated or affiliated entities as appropriate. In addition, UW Medicine shares in the ownership and governance of Children's University Medical Group and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance a partnership among UW Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research, and Seattle Children's.
This position supports the Medical Centers Payroll Department and provides frontline support for the Kronos application. The duties for this position include:
* Support users of the Kronos application; managers, timekeepers and employees on a daily basis.
* Analyze end user challenges and develop solutions within Kronos.
* Respond to the AskKronos inbox and helpline.
* Develop, modify and maintain the Kronos job aides and training materials.
* Review and correct Kronos edit reports during weekly payroll close.
* Analyze weekly Kronos processing errors and recommend process improvement.
* Working with the Kronos Timekeeping Analyst, develop training materials and lead training classes for managers, timekeepers and employees.
* Assign security access profiles within Kronos for managers, timekeepers and employees.
* Analyze and process historical edits on a weekly basis.
* Understand the union contractual language for paying each job class and how it functions within Kronos.
* Analyze contractual changes and assist the Kronos Timekeeping Analyst in developing and configuring new functionality.
* Test new Kronos functionality and document findings.
* Participate in implementation of Kronos system upgrades.
* Develop and respond to information requests from managers and leaders.
A Bachelor's Degree in business or public administration, industrial engineering, communications or closely allied field, AND one year of work experience in analyzing, designing, and writing basic operating procedures. Two years of additional qualifying experience may substitute for required education.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
* A minimum of two years of experience in a customer support position
* Experience with Kronos Timekeeping System
* Proven ability to handle sensitive situations and highly confidential information with tact and discretion.
* Demonstrated self-starter and able to manage competing priorities.
* Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage projects.
* Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including effective written and oral communication with diverse audiences.
* Ability to perform successfully in a high volume setting with changing priorities and multiple deadlines.
* Ability to problem solve, be detail oriented, take initiative, anticipate needs, set priorities, manage multiple projects, and exercise good judgment.
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office. REQUIREMENTS: SEE ABOVE
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, your experiences, perspectives and unique identities will be honored at the University of Washington. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
About University of Washington
University of Washington is an educational institution that provides undergraduate, graduate, and research programs.