Principal VUI Designer - Alexa Experience
Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers Echo devices, the pioneering Amazon AI designed around your voice. Our vision is to create a simple, fun and natural voice-based experience - to set users free by giving them frictionless access to Alexa's wealth of information and services. We are seeking the industry's best to help us define and build this vision. Join us, and help invent the future of everyday life. The experiences you will craft require ambitious thinking and a tireless focus on solving customer problems. You must be passionate about creating innovative experiences that can scale to hundreds of millions of customers, and insanely curious about new technology and unlocking its potential.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, creative, expert Principal VUI Designer to join our team. In this high profile role, you will help define and champion the North Star vision for Alexa, identify and build new cross-organizational products that help Alexa move towards this vision, and measure how effectively Alexa is tracking towards the North Star. You will provide best-in-class expertise in producing and finalizing VUI designs during the implementation of strategic voice products. You will collaborate with numerous product, design, user research, development, voice technology experts and other internal and executive teams to identify, define, and implement solutions to raise the bar on the Alexa customer experience, measured by an outsized impact on customers' interest in and engagement with Alexa. Success requires understanding and navigating rapidly evolving product and technology requirements, and synthesizing complex technical capabilities into a cohesive and visionary narrative. In this role, you will be on point to drive strategic voice initiatives from definition to launch. This includes working on the initial ideation of the aspirational experience, getting buy-in, translating the vision into actionable and discrete roadmap items, and perfecting VUI designs that achieve best-in-class CX.
As a Principal VUI Designer, you will serve as a design lead on our most demanding cross functional design problems driving spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Amazon. You are proactive; you regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success is to get ahead of the curve. You are a pragmatic visionary; you translate business needs and constraints into a simple, intuitive, customer-focused solution. You are a collaborator; you work side-by-side with engineers to bring your designs to life. Most importantly, you are an innovator; you create solutions to ambitious problems for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract, and driving the vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a Principal VUI Designer who can:
* Contribute original thought towards a strategic vision for voice UX; follow through with process and tactics for developing, communicating, and implementing vision.
* Provide design solutions at both strategic and detailed levels on mission-critical CX.
* Inspire and mentor others on the User Experience team.
* Provide critical feedback for Voice designs across the organization.
* Collaborate with product teams to define forward-looking features.
* Present and defend long-term design vision as well as short-term design solutions to leadership
* Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts.
* Partner with the technology team to ensure we leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experiential principles.
* Partner with others in the broader design community to develop and extend the experience across the array of offerings.
* Produce and / or oversee production of user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.