We're looking for a stellar Engineering Manager to join us as we lead the biggest bet at Microsoft, Azure. If you are passionate about cloud computing and obsessed with customer experience, you like to work with services using cutting edge technologies, and you want to play a significant role in the design of mission critical set of features for Azure, then we have a tremendous opportunity for you.
As Azure continues its rapid expansion, the focus for our team is to build real-time, scalable, extensible services and UX experiences for Azure customers.
We are the Azure Diagnostics Services Engineering team in Azure CXP, and our primary mission is to build the diagnostics and troubleshooting platform for all Azure services. This platform powers customer self-help experiences in Azure portal and troubleshooting experiences for internal personas like on-call engineers and Support agents. We deliver troubleshooting solutions like data explorers, insights and guided troubleshooters to detect & recover Azure service/user issues and help scale our support while driving further Azure adoption. Azure Diagnostic Service has a vibrant developer community with about 150+ active developers and you will also be delivering platform features for these developers.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who loves technological challenges and excels at problem solving, is excited about online services, cloud computing and user experience, and is passionate about making better software while continuously improving the development process. We need a leader who is a self-starter and likes to learn every day, As a member of our team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping, designing and delivering features end to end - including system architecture, code, deployment, scale, performance and quality, from conception to delivery, and all the way through successful service roll out and Live site support. You will have ample opportunities and scope to demonstrate breadth, depth of your technical abilities.
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science
* 7+ Years of development experience
* Experience in C# or Java
* A proven track record of technical leadership and experience in shipping high quality products or services
* Experience with one or more cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, etc.)
* Experience building and managing distributed web services
* Experience leading and building strong engineering teams
* Expertise in one or more web application dev frameworks like Angular, Knockout, etc. is preferred
* Familiarity with big data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Azure Data Lake, etc.) is a bonus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Lead the team in planning, scoping objectives, laying out execution plan and delivering results swiftly without compromising quality
* Provide hands-on technical leadership to the software engineering teams on architecture, design, development and live-site
* Partner with Product Management and azure product groups to meet immediate and longer-term objectives
* Ability to establish and manage priorities in a high pace environment
* Build highly productive engineering team by hiring and retaining top talent
* Strong knowledge of design patterns and application development practices
* Cross-group collaboration, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
* Ability to learn & work effectively in a highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment.
* Desire to coach team members, creating opportunities tailored to their career aspirations.
* Deep understanding of agile principles and ability in implementing hybrid development models.
* Ability to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.