These positions are for Software Digital Signal Processing Engineers within the Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems, Electrical Design Directorate, Receiver Exciter and Signal Processing Department. The Receiver, Exciter and Signal Processing Department designs, developer, and integrates a number of different products and technologies relative to radar systems. The Signal Process Technology group within the Receiver, Exciter, and Signal Processing Department focus on state-of-the-art processing technologies and distributed high performance computing architectures that are used to build next-generation Radar Signal Processing applications.
The Software Signal Processing Engineer position is located in Marlboro, Massachusetts, however you may also be able to work in the Tewksbury/ Woburn area. Responsibilities include working within Linux, Unix and Real Time Operating System developing C/C++ implementation of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions involved in and direct control of sensor systems. This position will also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware, and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* 8+ years or relevant experience
* Multithreaded application development experience that includes testing and debugging in C++/C on Linux or Unix environments
* Ability to translate system performance and operation specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Working understanding of parallelism and concurrency as applied to algorithm implementation on shared memory and distributed systems
* Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
* Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance.
* Experience in multithreaded, multiprocessor software development using pthreads, OpenMP, or MPI programming models on clustered deployments
* Experience developing applications for GPGPU and/or Intel Xeon Phi processors
* Familiar with software configuration management and development process control (i.e. CMMI)
* Experience in using version control tools such as ClearCase
* Continuous integration and test experience in a hardware/software laboratory environment
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team
* High degree of creativity and ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems
* Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Advance degree desirable.
Keywords: signal processing ,algorithms , C++ ,Linux, Unix, software requirements, design, test specifications, Receiver, Exciter
Source Code - DSP091417, Source Code: DSPEVENTSRAYIDS
133715BR 133715 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cyber security solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.