Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Job
Are you interested in a dynamic working environment where you are constantly presented with new challenges? Do you enjoy fast-paced problem solving? Would you like to work on Oracle's industry leading Database software? Would you like to work on a product with tens of thousands of customers using our software to run their mission critical production environments? If so, then this job could be for you!
Oracle Enterprise Manager is Oracle's on-premises management platform, providing a single pane of glass for managing all of a customer's Oracle deployments, whether in their data centers or in Oracle Cloud. Through deep integration with Oracle's product stack, Enterprise Manager Database Management provides a full-lifecycle solution for managing databases encompassing change and configuration management, patching, provisioning, testing, masking/subsetting, performance management and automatic tuning.
This opening is for a full stack Principal Software Engineer in the Database Management area in the Enterprise Manager product. You will work with a fast-growing, action oriented team of software engineers, test automation engineers, product managers and UX designers to build out new functionality and enhancements within the product. As a team we use Agile methodologies to self organize and deliver value at a rapid pace.
This is a core area in Database Server management where new technology is continuously being developed to make the database server perform better, scale-up to greater throughput and provide functionality to help migration to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to deal with challenging customer problems that requires systems knowledge i.e. spanning across key areas of operating systems, databases, parallel and distributed systems as well as cloud infrastructure. If you are interested in solving challenging problems in system architecture and algorithms, then this the role for you.
* 7 years' experience as a Software Developer/Engineer within an Enterprise Product Development team
* 7 years' experience with a high level programming language (Java preferred)
* 7 years' experience and expertise working with database software or related systems software
* Must possess excellent debugging skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* Can-do attitude with high interest in learning new technologies and how to function in a multi-dimensional team environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experienced with multiple software development methodologies, with an emphasis and passion for Agile
* Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization and across multiple technical and non-technical groups
* Comfortable and effective in internal and external-facing scenarios
* A can do attitude with a willingness to take on challenging tasks and the ability to multitask effectively across multiple areas of responsibilities
* Can prioritize tasks effectively to ensure timely delivery of the project
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.