While you've heard about Microsoft's Digital Transformation and how it's leading our industry to the cloud, have you ever thought of becoming a key member of the team that powers the core Infrastructure services for this strategic effort in our company? As the engineering architect for EIS, you will have the opportunity to be at the center of and influence our industry's Digital Transformation.
Core Platform Engineering is part of the Core Services Engineering (CSE) team - our goal is to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advancements at Microsoft, while helping Microsoft employees work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. We are technology leaders with deep technical experts, focused on digital transformation and enabling our stakeholders.
As part of CPE, the Enterprise Infrastructure Service (EIS) team has a very broad Infrastructure portfolio which includes:
* Providing network connectivity services (Core routing & WAN, wireless, wired, VPN, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, etc.) for 580 sites globally, including Microsoft's large corporate campuses.
* Managing 90 contact centers, ensuring that 36 million calls to Microsoft are delivered, and driving new capabilities, like speech to text translations for these calls.
* Moving line-of-business workloads to Azure and partnering with the Azure team on the features and functionalities required for a modern enterprise, with a focus on customer experience and security.
* Providing shared lab services for more than 40 labs and 4 legacy datacenters, while driving these workloads to Azure.
* Playing a significant part in driving the strategic vision and implementation of new and existing prioritized investments across Microsoft to increase our capabilities to function as modern enterprise and continue our digital transformation.
Knowledge, experiences and skills:
* Experience with influence across large teams in a global enterprise environment
* 10-12 years technical experience with ability to provide deep hand on technical leadership
* Ability to frame and analyze complex problems and articulate a strategy for the organization
* Ability to collaborate, communicate, and effectively influence a wide spectrum of people in business and technical domains
* Experience working in an agile, experimentation-oriented environment
* Broad experience across Social, Mobile, Collaboration, Analytics and Cloud platforms preferred
* BA or BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for a thought leader who has experience and passion for partnering with the engineering leaders in the organization to seek out and deliver on innovative solutions. The ideal candidate has an excellent track record working across an organization with diverse & inclusive engineers and have a solid commitment to be a great partner to teams across Microsoft in driving a modern enterprise through customer experience-led transformation. The ideal candidate must also have a passion for working across large teams to transform to the cloud while taking others along on the journey.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.