Are you passionate about modern web applications built on React, Redux, and TypeScript? Do you believe an excellent user experience is as much about the "little" details as it is about the frameworks and libraries you choose? We are creating a new generation of Microsoft commerce experiences. If you love the modern web, have outstanding attention to detail, a passion for creating experiences that delight users, and a strong collaborative spirit, then you are a perfect fit for our team! This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your deep technical skills to create new features alongside a great team, and to influence the product's direction.
Who are we?
The Core Commerce Platform team's vision is to create a unified ecosystem for all of Microsoft commerce encompassing everything we sell and everything others sell through us-consumer and commercial, digital and physical, subscription and transaction-via all channels and storefronts. We build the cloud services, platforms, and user experiences that help consumer and commercial customers buy Microsoft products and services-Windows, Xbox, Surface, Office 365, Azure, and Bing and more. With true internet-scale services and state-of-the-art availability and reliability, billions of dollars flow through our systems from customers in more than 240 markets around the world. Core Commerce Platform's systems process transactions from hundreds of millions of customers daily, with loads growing linearly as Microsoft becomes a fully cloud-powered services and devices company. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app in the Windows Store, signing up for an Office 365 subscription, or paying for Azure services, you are using the Core Commerce Platform.
* Strong problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills
* Proficiency in data structures and algorithms
* Solid written and verbal communication skills
* Track record of delivering products, features and functionality on time with extremely high quality
* Ability to work closely with team members to collaborate on innovative solutions
* Ability to perform debugging across multiple components / services
* Comfortable writing tests as they write code: we aim for quality and stability in finite increments
* Ability to quickly ramp up on new technology areas
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Write automated unit and integration tests
* Take part in code reviews
* Work closely with internal partners including product managers, service developers, designers
* Participate in an agile development process
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.