As a member of CoreLogic's Science and Analytics Catastrophe Risk Modeling Engineering team the candidate will participate in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, deployment and maintenance of distributed catastrophe models. This work will require the candidate to work closely with scientists/modelers to create new models using a variety of techniques. The candidate will be responsible for the implementation and integration of catastrophe and analytic models with solution platforms and backend databases. The candidate responsibilities may include leading teams using agile methodology.
Job duties include:
* Work with product managers, data scientists and weather event modelers to understand and document the technical requirements for the systems that will run new analytic models.
* Estimate the effort required to implement new or modify existing models
* Architect the software environments needed to both build and run the analytic models. This will include both on premises and cloud-based environments.
* Work closely with the scientists/modelers to code new models and improve existing models
* Designing and implementing the software used to acquire and transform the data used in the analytic models
* Work with other engineering teams to integrate models into CoreLogic's products
* Lead teams of engineers and data scientists/models using agile methodologies and practices
* Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
* Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and other teams within CoreLogic to meet expected delivery dates and service levels
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant experience; master's degree strongly preferred.
* Proficiency in C++ is required (C++11 is required, C++14 is appreciated)
* Thorough knowledge of STL containers and algorithms is desirable
* Knowledge of CMake is desirable
* Working knowledge of Python is highly desirable
* Expertise designing system architectures and applications both on premises and in cloud-based environments required
* Experience with Linux and Windows development required
* Knowledge of the Oasis catastrophic model open source platform highly desirable.
* Knowledge of Docker or Cloud Foundry highly desirable
* Knowledge of AWS/GCP is highly desirable
* Knowledge and experience with SQL and relational databases required
* Knowledge of probability and statistics required
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required
* Knowledge of Java is a plus
* Working knowledge of JIRA or other Agile environment software tools is highly desirable
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone's unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
CoreLogic provides information intelligence to identify and manage growth opportunities, manage business performance and risk.