Are you passionate about working with customers? Are you excited to learn new technologies? Would you rather be coding than whiteboarding? If the answer is yes, then you might make a great fit for our team of talented software engineers who work with customers on high impact projects using emerging technologies and platforms.
Our team works side by side with customers and partners to help them tackle their toughest technical problems with our platforms. We meet customers where they are, work in the languages they know, and contribute to the open source frameworks they use. We work with enterprises and startups across many industries from financial services to manufacturing. Our work covers a broad spectrum of domains including IoT, machine learning, and high scale compute. Our "super power" is that we work closely with both our customers' engineering teams and Microsoft's product engineering teams, developing real-world expertise that we use to help our customers grow their business and help Microsoft improve our products and services.
We are very community focused in our work, with one foot in Microsoft and one foot in the open source communities (like Kubernetes, TensorFlow, Kafka, and Spark) that we help. We make pull requests on open source projects to add support for Microsoft platforms and/or improve existing implementations. We build frameworks and other tools to make it easier for developers to use Microsoft platforms. We source the ideas for this work by maintaining very deep connections with these communities and the customers and partners that use them. Finally, we are a team that thrives in diversity, be it the customers that we work with, the coworkers we work with, or the languages and platforms that we use.
Does this job sound like it was created for you? If you have read this far, then this might be the job you have been looking for and we would love to meet you.
* At least 8 years of building production quality software.
* A Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
* Demonstrated success growing junior engineers through mentoring, collaboration and coaching
* An amazing ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and convincingly.
* Strong service delivery experience including architecture and development, and building cloud services.
* Ability bring previous experience with other software stacks to the diverse set of stacks that our customers use.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Working with your team to design, implement, schedule, and deliver value alongside our customers.
* Periodically acting as a technical lead on customer facing projects.
* Exhibiting technical leadership throughout the broader Microsoft organization and external communities.
* Developing positive relationships with Microsoft product teams and other field organizations.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.