Microsoft Research has been studying quantum computing for several years and has become the world's center of expertise on topological quantum computing. This research and development effort includes a staff of theoretical physicists and experimental teams around the world. The Redmond team is building a controls system for quantum computing that is based on a classical computer architecture. The overall system is being developed by a diverse and multi-disciplinary team that includes software and hardware architects. The control system is a general-purpose computing platform that can perform complex, high performance computing functions.
These systems require the development, implementation, integration, and test of software, and hardware systems. As a senior program manager on the team you will need to understand projects on a detailed technical level, provide guidance with decision making, understand and quantify incoming changes, and communicate project stories to all levels of the program. You must be agile and able to adapt to changing conditions and priorities. The successful candidate will need excellent communication and collaboration skills, because you'll be working with people from many different teams/companies/backgrounds. You must be able to influence others and work cross-functionally to achieve broad goals. You must be able to work independently and drive for impact and results. A proven track record of successfully managing projects and stakeholders is a primary skill set needed to be successful in this role. Being at the bleeding edge of several computing technologies will mean you should possess a deep desire to learn, understand, master and contribute to the project goals.
* BS in science or engineering field with a software emphasis * Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving in a fast-paced technical environment * Deep understanding of project management fundamentals * MS Project, Azure DevOps or similar project planning and monitoring software * Presenting and speaking on technical topics to teams and partners
* 7+ years of software, hardware, or systems project management * 7+ years of managing teams of 5 team members or more * Design and development experience * Experience working within a PMO
* PMP Certification * Digital systems, FPGA, or ASIC background
MICROSOFT BACKGROUND CHECK:
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Developing and implementing program requirements and goals * Planning and executing of projects based on program requirements * Facilitating team collaboration and communication * Developing and executing project plans * Assessing risk and developing mitigation plans * Communicate project status from kickoff to close * Providing guidance to program management team
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.