Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking energized, experienced program managers in the Fairfax/Reston VA area to direct and oversee a large, enterprise level program delivering software development and IT services to an IC customer. The PM responsibilities include ensuring successful cost, schedule, and technical execution for of the program, overseeing approximately 160 FTE.
The PM will work collaboratively with the other program managers on the contract to ensure the program's success. The ideal candidate will have experience managing software development and IT infrastructure programs in a challenging, complex environment. The PM will be responsible for managing the customer relationships, needs, and expectations as well as driving innovation technical solutions. The PM should be a proactive problem solver with strong communication skills and a proven history of building customer intimacy. The PM will spend approximately 25% of their time at a customer site.
The PM is the primary interface between the Contractor and the United States Government (USG) Representatives. The successful candidate needs a thorough understanding and is able to achieve the following:
* Guide large-scale enterprise system development initiatives on-site for clients, includes responsibility for end-to-end program execution, client relationships, business analysis, contract negotiation, milestone and project planning, and system development lifecycle activities (design, development, testing, training, deployment) using J2EE, Ruby, Oracle, Tomcat, and Apache utilizing SCRUM and client s Program Management Framework.
* Establish, build, and enhance strong partnerships with new and existing customers to understand needs, assess strategies and shape value-added opportunities that advance client's IT and mission objectives while adhering to cost, schedule, and scope constraints.
* Drive cost and business efficiencies through software automation, standardization, and reusability that eliminate manual processing and reduce business processing times.
* Motivate new and incumbent development team to catalyze creativity and innovation.
* Establish, execute to, and monitor cost and schedule baselines
* Evaluate employee, team, and program performance to drive the development of organizational strategies, policies, and approaches that ensure the success of underperforming / stalled projects.
* Facilitate partnership and collaboration across internal, client, and vendor teams to understand challenges, communicate status, gain trust, and drive successful implementation of roadmap.
* Manage and supervise relationships with multiple project/program suppliers engaged on contract.
* Prepared Engineering Change Proposals, business plans, schedule, and prepares and leads programs reviews. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes
* Establish strong customer relationships. Effectively documents and communicates progress to customers and senior leadership
* Performs risk and opportunity management. Proactively engages with the team to identify and solve problems
* Interfaces with the NG engineering matrix for personnel management
* Lead diverse teams consisting of Project Managers and Engineers across multiple WMA locations
* Ensure consistency across projects in process, reporting and quality of deliverables
* Oversees project managers/tech leads, coaches teams, supports the breaking down of mission and business requirements into technical requirements for engineering teams; ensuring project managers are communicating those requirements and dependencies with stakeholders and the engineers, and driving the development of solutions from conception all the way through deployment and sustainment
* Develops plans to support internal NG and external customer strategic direction
* Bachelor's Degree in information technology or related STEM discipline
* 10 or more years experience; 5 in PM and 5 in a technical discipline.
* Experience managing mid to large size programs
* Experience managing IT of Software development and O&M programs
* TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
* Clear, concise oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams
* Demonstrated ability to develop customer relationships
* Workforce planning experience
* Ability to understand complex issues and facilitate resolution
* Master's degree in STEM field
* Experience with ITSM, ITIL Processes
* Experience with Agile
* Experience with the public AWS cloud , microservices, SecDevOps, or open source technologies
* Experience working on the migration of legacy systems to AWS
* Knowledgeable of the public AWS cloud, networks, Information Security and accreditation processes, or data centers
* Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
* Systems Engineering expertise
* Control Account Manager (CAM) experience
* Program Management Professional certification (PMP)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.