Location: San Jose/New York
Do you crave technical challenges at scale and love working on a fast-paced team?
Do you like working on high profile projects seen and used by millions of people daily? Do you grok Nash Equilibria, Low-Latency High-Throughput systems, Explore-Exploit trade-off, Q-Learning, Policy Gradients, and cutting edge Engineering for one of the largest Internet-scale systems in the Planet?
The Ads team at eBay is seeking an Senior Software Architect / Engineer to build solutions for offering Guidance to our sellers demonstrating clear ROI for their dollars spent marketing on eBay, building our next generation Ads products that have various charging and bidding mechanisms (CPC, CPA, …), craft planet-scale systems that serve both 1st party and 3rd party advertising using advanced ML algorithms.
Read about some of our products and recent work here:
* Design, Architect, and Develop elegant, scalable, large scale solutions to complex problems in 1P and 3P advertising at eBay using ML algorithms, Planet-scale infrastructure and tools
* Partner with product managers, strategists, analysts and other engineering teams across eBay to grow our Ads business to $1B+ annually
* Lead by example and coach/mentor team members
* Technical Innovation, product delivery, and a culture of engineering excellence
* Be a thought leader contributing to the strategic vision of the team and product
* Industry track record for Engineering and Technology excellence in an established AdTech enterprise
* Successfully worked with partner engineering, quality, design and product teams
* Strong expertise in Game Theory, Reinforcement Learning, ML Engineering, Large scale systems
* Strong experience with REST architecture/development and full stack Java development
* Experience with Spark/Hadoop
* Experience with Scala is a plus
* Experience with Druid and other OLAP systems is a plus
* Experience with marketplace design and dynamics is a plus
* Experience with any streaming platforms like Storm, Kafka, Flink, Beam is a plus
* Experience leveraging and/or contributing to open source coding projects is a plus
* Publishing Technical articles and speaking in Engineering / ML conferences is a plus
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
eBay is a company developing an online auction and e-commerce platform that enables people and businesses to buy and sell goods and services.