AT&T provides world class digital content delivery and is continuing to expand its role as the largest digital video service provider in the world - diving into engineering challenges with OTT content delivery, mobile streaming, video on demand, interactive services, recommendations, cloud DVR and dynamic ad insertion.
We are seeking talented, energetic engineers to develop and architect the future of compute infrastructure that scales seamlessly to meet the growth of services and exceed customer performance expectations. Our vibrant, fast paced environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in. We are looking for a Principal Engineer for Compute Infrastructure in the System Engineering and Architecture team.
This is an opportunity to work with AT&T's world class engineers to design & build platform and solutions that will be the foundation of AT&T entertainment products going forward. Our customers are our top priority and you'll be at the forefront of making sure that we deliver on that promise.
* Lead architecture and design of on-premise and public cloud compute/server infrastructure for multiple video-centric workloads
* Drive proficiency via automation for internal and external compute infrastructure, configuration and common management tasks and analytics for performance, utilization and cost efficiency
* Collaborate with development teams to evolve compute infrastructure to support serverless based architecture
* Document and promote best practices on site reliability, availability and redundancy
* Partner with Operations to plan infrastructure transitions, upgrades, technical refresh and preventative maintenance
* Execute security and compliance requirements
* Bachelor of Science in technical area such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Strong communication, leadership, and collaboration skills
* Prior working knowledge on life cycle management of containerized, bare metal and virtualized infrastructure environments including architecture, deployments and operations
* Ability to lead projects involving design, automation and rollout out of enterprise workloads and applications on Docker, Kubernetes and Microservice based environments
* Cloud experience; Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Hands-on knowledge of server OS and virtualization solutions used for on-premise infrastructure including VMWare, KVM, LINUX (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) on x86, Dell and HP server infrastructure
* Prior experience in Data Center Infrastructure management tools for solution management, performance, capacity, cost and utilization analysis
* Scripting skills: Python, Ansible, Puppet/Chef/CFEngine, Terraform
Job ID 1928181 Date posted 07/02/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.