What you'll be doing...
We are looking for an Application Development Manager to join the Verizon GTS Team. The candidate in this position will be responsible for end to end delivery of multiple Digital programs on the Mobile Diagnostics space across multiple channels for Verizon.
* Perform high-level activities (e.g. client requirements collection/analysis, systems design etc.) related to all phases of the systems life cycle.
* Supervise and manage the overall performance of the direct reports.
* Employee hiring, career development, succession planning, and periodic training.
* Create individual performance objectives, conducting Mid-Year and End of Year performance reviews.
* Guide, coach, motivate and mentor the individuals on the team to achieve the goals and objectives set for them.
* Manage the compensation, rewards and employee growth based on their performance.
* Works as a team member and provides technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise on large, highly complex projects.
* Provides direction to staff members and peers.
* Responsible for producing a high-quality deliverable in a timely fashion.
* Performs technical evaluation of products. Occasionally develops systems-related standards and procedures.
* Performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, staffing, scheduling as well as implementation activities.
* Responsible for analyzing and proactively managing problems and making decisions that impact overall system (s) and project (s) while acting independently.
* Evaluates develops and implements systems solutions to effectively fulfill business requirements.
* Successfully completes all relevant technical and professional training programs in accordance with Performance Agreement goals and objectives.
* Lead onsite and offshore teams in delivering the projects with tight deadlines.
* Responsible for working with the support team in profiling applications for potential bottlenecks such as memory leaks, performance, capacity and applications recovery during failover.
* Individual needs to provide time to time JVM tuning recommendations to keep applications in an efficient manner for 24x7 availability.
* Motivates and trains staff to maximize productivity and promotes their professional development in a manner consistent with VZW company policies and practices.
* Make independent decisions proactively, anticipating needs and consequences to avoid or minimize escalations.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Software Engineering and Development experience, including leading IT teams through Business Analysis, Project Management, and digital technologies.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience in Android and iOS based mobile application development.
* Experience in statistical analysis of data.
* Experience with machine learning algorithms, neural networks, and natural language processing.
* Experience with content management systems and digital channels including social, mobile and video.
* Strong knowledge of distributed/ Grid/ P2P/ clustering systems, Internet protocols and standards, network and information security systems.
* Strong presentation skills to communicate complex concepts effectively.
* Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications.
* Experience in partnering with Business and IT teams at multiple levels to drive alignment and delivery of complex problems.
* Ability to identify opportunities, facilitate workout sessions to ideate and come up with joint cross functional solutions to improve digital experiences and streamline Omni processes.
* Experience in business process transformation, user experience optimization.
* Experience in Spring Boot, Micro services, Cloud, and Native technologies.
* Knowledge of OO design patterns.
* Project and program delivery experience.
* Strong knowledge of technology selection, architecture, and full stack implementation.
* Experience in troubleshooting & supporting mission critical 24X7 production systems, lead real-time high-stake risk mitigation plan and drive timely decisions.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.