Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you looking to apply your skills contributing to a next generation of Database cloud services? Are you calm and collected when others panic under pressure? Do you get a thrill from solving really tough problems? Do you light up in conversations about uptime, horizontal scalability, performance, security, and DevOps?
The Autonomous Database Team is responsible for building the cloud service framework powering various Oracle Autonomous Database cloud services, including Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW) and Autonomous Transaction Processing (ATP). The framework automates deployment, scaling and management of databases in the cloud. It is built on top of Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Layer.
The autonomous database cloud service framework features APIs to handle all lifecycle management operations of databases. It also performs operations autonomously based on internal and external events. The team has the unique opportunity to make significant contributions to the full stack of Oracle technology, from database kernel to cloud service platform and to customer-facing portals.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and deploying autonomous database services with deep focus on architecture, production operations, capacity planning, performance management, deployment, and release engineering. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams helping deliver new and outstanding experiences to our stakeholders while ensuring reliability and performance.
We are a dynamic and enthusiastic team with great emphasis on go-getters and proactive individuals.
Overview from oracle.com with links to other collateral:
In this role you will need to:
* Take ownership of the implementation and production operations of a wide array of core system platform solutions
* React to production deficiencies by continuously implementing automation, self-healing, and real-time monitoring to production systems
* Be a strong contributor to development of platform services including architecture, provisioning, configuration, deployment, and support
* Partner with the distributed team in prototyping new database platform services
* Stay informed of cloud infrastructure stacks
* Degree level (BS/MS/PhD): BS/MS
* Programming languages like Python, Java
* Expert knowledge and in-depth experience of the Oracle Engineered systems and subsystems.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues, restore environments to an operational state, perform root cause analysis and provide forward thinking mitigation strategies
* Expert level understanding, implementation experience and troubleshooting of Oracle Database technology including RAC, Dataguard, ASM, RMAN etc
* Demonstrated operations experience with Linux platform (i.e. RHEL, OEL) including administration, management, and troubleshooting
* Strong communication and analytical skills
* Familiarity with security practices in web application delivery and General knowledge of network topology
* Experience with configuration management tools
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.