We are seeking an exceptional Principal Database Administrator to take a DevOps role in scaling Veracode's Oracle, MS SQL and Cloud DB infrastructure.
* Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new versions of Oracle Applications, database, and database administration tools
* Support multiple production, test and development environments concurrently
* Work with development teams to instill best practices (data modeling, schema design, etc.)
* Collect metrics from our database to help manage the business. Metrics will look at such things as scan volume, failure rates, and customer trends.
* Support multiple projects concurrently and adapt to changing priorities
* Work actively with peers and users to resolve issues
* Strong experience working with Oracle versions 10gR2, 11gR1/2 in a UNIX environment for very large production databases supporting SaaS applications
* Strong, proven Oracle Database Performance Diagnostic skills (at both the SQL and system levels) required
* Experience with features such as Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), ASM, Active Data Guard, and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
* Extensive experience with Backup and Recovery using Oracle RMAN; Partitioning and data archival; Design and performance improvement of ETL jobs
* Self-starter capability, ability to acquire new skills autonomously
* Experience installing and maintaining MS SQL Server
* AWS experience, especially with Amazon RDS and DMS, a plus
* Bachelors or Master's Degree in a technology related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
See how Veracode's cloud-based application security services are the most powerful around at minimizing risks across web, mobile & 3rd party apps!