Bank Of New York Mellon
* Support the Global Chief Privacy Officer and Head of Privacy (Americas) in the execution of their duties across the Americas region to help ensure that all Lines of Business and Business Partners fulfill their regulatory and organizational requirements to protect personal information while enabling business and technology innovation
* Provide Privacy SME leadership (at the enterprise level) for significant regulatory compliance initiatives, e.g. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Brazil LGPD, Cayman DPL, Bermuda PIPA, evolving US state laws and other new privacy laws which may emerge in US, Canada and LATAM
* Provide SME leadership to the business for Privacy compliance initiatives (impact analysis, delivery, templates, training)
* Provide SME support and enable the successful delivery of enterprise-wide change initiatives (e.g. Data as a Service, Cloud, Cybersecurity initiatives, Vendor Risk Management), through privacy compliance
* Drive and support privacy risk assessments / privacy impact assessments and Privacy by Design (PbD)
* Design, develop, enhance, operationalize enterprise-level privacy policies/procedures, processes and controls, e.g. metrics, personal information inventory, data protection impact assessments (DPIAs), Privacy by Design, Vendor Risk and Management, etc.
* Support the deployment of tools (automation) to enhance data privacy controls. Support includes providing Privacy SME support, training, artefacts
* Develop and deliver privacy education and awareness materials to internal and external stakeholders
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics/statistics or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
* 5+ years' experience in related field (Privacy, Cybersecurity, Legal, Compliance, or other related field) preferred
* Financial Services industry experience preferred
* In depth knowledge of key privacy laws in US and throughout Americas??(e.g.,??California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), FCRA, FACTA, GLBA, CalOPPA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, CASL, HIPAA, HITECH, PIPEDA, EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Brazil LGPD, Cayman DPL, Bermuda PIPA, Cross-Border Data Transfers), state privacy laws preferred
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and changing requirements
* Excellent change management skills with ability to develop strategy, evaluate efficacy, influence stakeholders, drive implementation and measure success
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self-starter, self-reliant, execution and results oriented
* CIPP certification (e.g., CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPP/C) preferred
* Global privacy experience (US, Canada, LATAM, EU-GDPR) preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70117
Organization: Digital Global-HR17565
Requisition Number: 1907202
About Bank Of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon is an investments company which provides investment management, investment services and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon