The Pershing Technology group has an opening for a Mainframe (z/OS) Database Administrator (DBA) with experience in DB2 relational database management system to support our operational transactional financial application systems. The DB2 DBA will be a member of the technology team working on application database projects and requested development and production support services. The qualified candidate will work closely with application development teams to design and maintain database environments, perform database object creation and migrations, perform DB2 data refreshes to support application testing, SQL performance and tuning.
Individual will be required to provide 24/7 DBA coverage on a rotating basis, support production migrations and disaster recovery exercises. Candidate should have experience with performing database Backups, Recoveries, Reorgs, Unloads, Loads, and a good understanding of COBOL program packages and plans within DB2 and Stored Procedure development. Sr. Specialist Database Analyst->> Designs, implements, and supports database management structures, as well as database back-up, recovery, security, archiving and conversion strategies. Collaborates with application development teams on various database issues and takes a lead role in problem resolution. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine database/system platform selection, efficient database design, and access. Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all areas of database support. Designs, implements, and maintains physical database structures and associated network and system configurations. Manages data, maintaining data integrity, using effective utility and disk management procedures. Monitors database and replication servers for resource utilization. Uses knowledge and expertise of existing database environments to make recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancies. Assists database team in providing problem identification and resolution support through analysis and research. Designs and administers database security strategies. Installs and configures database management system and related distributed system software as needed. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
* 5-7 years of experience as a DB2 Database Administrator on mainframe z/OS platform with DB2 Data Sharing experience
* Production support and problem resolution
* Proficient SQL performance and tuning
* Logical and physical database design skills
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Good understanding of COBOL programming structure and debugging
* Experience with IBM & BMC / DB2 utilities
* Experience with JCL, TSO/ISPF, and z/OS utilities
* Self-motivated individual and a team player
* Experience with DB2 for z/OS, version 11 or higher
* Experience supporting a multi-terabyte data environment
* Experience supporting high throughput OLTP applications
* Experience supporting applications within a DB2 data-sharing environment
* Knowledge and conceptual understanding of a System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Logical and physical database design skills
* Proficiency in application related performance and tuning, including extensive SQL coding tuning
* Extensive Mainframe JCL experience
* Detailed experience with DB2 utilities and database maintenance processing
* Ability to resolve Production DB2 issues quickly and effectively
* Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint for management reporting purposes
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
* Exhibit good time management skills, independent thinking and decision-making capabilities
* Off hours on-call support
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Internal Jobcode: 45152
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1817358
About Bny Mellon
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.