This position performs the daily tasks necessary to support the POS systems software and hardware in Costco's warehouse and gas station environments. This includes maintaining constant communication with the business and IT personnel via email, phone, and call management software to ensure that the POS systems are up and operational at all times. When main duties are fulfilled, there will also be assigned tasks given and involvement on projects such as technology refresh, root cause determination, hardware/software implementation, routine compliance auditing and POS quality assurance testing. Typical business hours will include weekend days.
* Pay based on experience.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Provides second level technical support via Phone, email, and on-call for Warehouses and Gas Stations.
* Ensures that the POS Systems are always up and operational.
* Identifies, tracks and drives support and deployment issues to resolution under the required service level agreement.
* Creates and maintains Knowledge Base documentation for Service Desk and provides training.
* Monitors, resolves, and escalates Tier 2 POS System issues in the call management system.
* Conducts daily audits and turnover tasks.
* Provides root cause analysis on reported problems.
* Updates and tracks data such as system uptime, device statuses, exception, and turnover reports.
* Provides assistance to vendors, installers and end users.
* Executes the installation of new and existing POS software and hardware.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
* Excellent customer service skills and superior telephone etiquette.
* Must have excellent attention to details and ability to assess 'big picture".
* Strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills.
* Strong proven interpersonal skills & able to work well with people at all levels.
* Must have a positive attitude and able to work in a team environment.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently, with little supervision.
* Must be willing to travel, work evenings, weekends and holidays, and able to provide 24X7 on-call support and travel to off-site locations on short notice (within 24 hours) and return to home location the next day or stay overnight as necessary.
* 1-2 years in POS or related IT field.
* Minimum 1-year Service Desk experience.
* Minimum 1-year Costco warehouse/gas operations experience.
* Experienced with Service Management Processes such as Incident, Problem and Change.
* Proficient in administering Windows Server 2008 or higher.
* Basic knowledge of Networking, TCP/IP fundamentals, and Wireless.
* Understanding of or responsible for learning the warehouse and fuel system applications.
* Degree in computer science or a related technical field preferred.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.