Costco is looking for a dedicated and experienced C#, ASP.Net developer to design, develop, maintain, extend applications and implement projects in accordance with the Costco development and project management methodologies and practices. This is an excellent opportunity to work on various internal and external applications focused on automating and modernizing the E-Commerce processes for a fortune 500 company.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Designs, builds, and maintains efficient, reusable and reliant C# code for relational database applications. Including (but not limited to) the Order Management System.
* Designs and implements solutions into existing environments and designing business workflows to ensure proper application mapping/flow.
* Creates conceptual and detailed technical design documents.
* Provides accurate and timely estimates (work breakdown schedules).
* Ensures the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications.
* Documents and executes unit and integration tests.
* Defines and implements standards and best practices for software development.
* Participates in code review sessions as a coordinator, owner, reader, recorder or observer.
* Collaborates with Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Quality Assurance Analysts, Software Developers, and Release Analysts in a DevOps model to extend the capabilities of the applications.
* Provides 3rd-level application support for the E-Commerce applications.
* Available for periodic off-hours work required including weekends and holidays.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Proficient (minimum 4 years' experience) with C#, ASP.Net, with a strong knowledge of its related technologies.
* Familiarity with the .NET framework 4.0 or later.
* Must have working knowledge of Web Services, SOAP, and XML technologies.
* Experience programming in major database and middleware technologies.
* Proficient working knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, etc.
* Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts.
* Familiarity with continuous integration.
* Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other technical experts, develop solution and functional design documents to support development of final solutions, and provide project estimates and lead technical teams to consistently meet commitments.
* Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
* Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
* Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules.
* Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
* Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
* Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze for potential future issues.
* 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
* Working knowledge of backend and Order Management components, web services, related interfaces and configuration.
* Previous E-Commerce experience in an OMS production support team lead or related role.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.