As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently. Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products) and technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience & professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is based in our Downtown San Francisco, CA office
The Production Support team works within the Oracle | Opower platform, analyzing and using customer data with internally-developed tools to support ongoing or expanding utility programs. You will collaborate with teams and individuals across Oracle | Opower, from our client-facing Client Success Managers, launch-focused Implementation Engineers, to our forward-looking Product Engineering and R&D teams.
* Responsible for post-launch maintenance for SaaS utility energy efficiency products/platforms
* Analyze client data and use internal tools to support ongoing and expanding client programs
* Run simple to complex queries/scripts on variety of data sources to extract valuable insights for our utility partners or client facing project managers.
* Advanced technical hands-on troubleshooting, including parsing logs and following stack traces
* Become a subject matter expert for all Opower | Oracle products with the ability to explain them to others
* Work cross-functionally with both client-facing and engineering teams
* Seek opportunities to improve processes, documentation, tooling, and operational efficiency
* Balance client expectations and internal needs
* Stay up to date with internal processes and tools, provide recommendations for continuous improvement, and participate in the engineering design process
* Strong professional and interpersonal communication skills
* Function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
* A self starter, a quick learner, with great attention to detail
* Proficient in the UNIX command line
* Able to write SQL for large data sets and have recent experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
* Some experience with any object oriented programming language is preferred.
* Familiar with networking concepts (HTTP, RESTful APIs)
* Have worked with Git or similar version control systems
* 2 years of experience in technical support, software development, implementation, analytics, business intelligence, or a related field
* Experience supporting enterprise customers
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.