Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Create new architecture for a moderate size product or a portion of a major product. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cloud / SaaS Application Architect
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, Cloud/SaaS Application Architect provides technical leadership and direction to Oracle's Retail Omni-Channel team to evolve and mature SaaS offerings with special emphasis on Order Management and Order Broker cloud services.
Oracle Retail Omni-Channel cloud services offer industry leading solutions for the top retail brands around the globe that operate at a high scale in highly available environment that are moving to distributed multi-tenant cloud environment.
We are looking for a seasoned Cloud/SaaS Architect with passion in solving challenging problems and expertise in evolving legacy architecture to SaaS architecture that is distributed and highly scalable and available built on micro-services platform. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, making key technical decisions for the long run and moving to a next generation fully automated cloud native environment, and working on ambitious new initiatives.
* Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage and accelerate the cloud adoption process by identifying and implementing effective solutions to successfully meet the cloud first strategy initiative.
* Establish overall technical architecture vision for the products and create technical architecture blueprints.
* Provide technical leadership and direction in accelerating the SaaS maturity for the current service offerings.
* Provide architectural governance over systems and development plans, as well as lead the evaluation and selection of technologies and architectural patterns.
* Lead the effort to evolve monolithic on-premise applications to scalable and highly available distributed multi-tenant cloud services.
* Perform architectural evaluations and reviews and set clear direction for technical teams.
* Foster culture of innovation and measured risk taking for a better outcome.
Qualifications / Requirements:
* BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or technical field.
* 12 years of experience developing and delivering large scale, highly available SaaS solutions.
* Extensive hands-on experience with designing, architecting, and developing:
* Data intensive platforms
* Transactional systems
* Fault tolerant, highly scalable and available systems
* Multi-tenant systems
* Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration.
* A background in software development and experience in configuration management like Chef, and other DevOps tools like Jenkins, Ansible.
* Hands on experience with container technologies Docker, OpenShift or Kubernetes
* Strong knowledge and experience working with Java, Angular/Bootstrap/jQuery, PL SQL.
* Strong knowledge and experience working with Oracle databases.
* Extensive data modeling and data access layer design experience as well as strong knowledge of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
* Demonstrate-able understanding of cloud security.
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Familiarity with Oracle core cloud technologies is a plus.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.