Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into "the Cloud". As a member of the AWS Managed Services team you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies, interacting with the full breadth of AWS services.
AWS Managed Services is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using automation and machine learning, backed up by a dedicated team of Amazon employees. AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of the AWS infrastructure. It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure.
We are looking for Operations Engineers to join our Managed Services team. This is an opportunity to join a world class team that is at the forefront of enhancing customer's cloud support experience.
Let's talk about you…
So, how's your OS and networking skills? Do you have expertise in one or more of these areas?
Are you able to dive deep into ambiguous and undocumented technical issues, delivering a fix and accompanying process or improvements to your team?
Do you thrive in environments where your passion and interests enable you to understand the low-level details of the services and tools you use?
Do you naturally become a helpful resource amongst your peers - an individual that can be counted on to provide guidance and mentoring?
Are you getting excited after reading this?
We have Good news! We're building out a team of engineers with depth and experience across multiple technical domains, and you should be part of it. Come join us -- we Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History!
AWS team membership
As a member of Managed Service team, this role will be working with our amazing Operation, Database, and Network Engineers to dive in and tackle the hardest technical challenges. The successful candidate will excel in an agile environment while collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry. If you get excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global enterprise-scale customers every second of the day then this may be a great role for you! Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job. Day to Day things change but key goals are:
* Operate the Managed Service platform and collaborate with internal service teams to meet our customers' individual needs for their infrastructure and application deployments.
* Troubleshoot complex issues, Drive root cause by re-producing customer issues, and build proof of concept environments that abide by cloud-best-practices.
* Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
* Identify and drive improvements to technical processes
* Act as an escalation point and mentor to less experienced engineers on the team and across Amazon.
* Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams.
* Drive customer communication during critical events.
* Learn and leverage groundbreaking technologies.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.