M3 Next Generation GEO (NGG) Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead for Payload Data Processor (PDP)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history and having fun along the way.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU…keep reading!
The position requires solid knowledge of on-board payload data processing hardware and strong subcontract management. Technical areas includes FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array), SERDES (Serializer/Deserializer) high speed communications applications, Single Board Computer (SBC), data transmissions, etc. Technical understanding of payload operations and SBIRS Mission requirements are strongly recommended. The candidate will be required to integrate input from other IPTs including Systems Engineering, Payload Design, Flight Software, and Integration & Test. Management activities include reporting budget, help resolve technical issues, and drive schedule milestones. Technical responsibilities of the position include developing and maintaining the PDP specification, oversight of the NGAS PDP development, ensure delivery of the EDU during the PDR and CDR development phase of this competitive program. Additionally, the scope of activities include supporting, with the development PDR, activities designed to mature the HW and SW activities in support of an advanced TRL level for phase 2 of this contract.
* A Bachelor's of Science degree in in a STEM field and 7 years of experience in Space and/or Defense industry; or Master of Science degree in a STEM field with 5 years of experience in Space and/or Defense industry
* 7 or more years of engineering experience in team leadership
* Subcontract management experience
* Project leadership experience - budget, EVMS, staffing, schedule
* General understanding of payload on-board signal processor, focal planes, optics, clutter filtering algorithm, VHDL (VHSIC Hardware Description Language) firmware code development, and C code development
* Active DoD Secret Clearance must be held and maintained. U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Master's degree in specifically in Engineering
* Proven effective communication skills across all levels of the organization including with customers
* 10 years of related space and defense industry experience
* Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance
* Experience in IWO (Intercompany Work Order) process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.