What you'll be doing...
You will be a part of the Global Network & Technology organization focusing on the strategic technology evolution across our organization specifically network programmability. As part of this team you will work on the overall architectural construction of network programmability with focus on Service Assurance, and its interactions with NFV Orchestration, Next Gen Core, Intelligent Edge Network and SDN transformation and change the way that our customers live, work, and play.
* Work with various planning and operations teams, partners, standards and SMEs to construct a comprehensive design with service assurance as applicable to network programmability
* Work closely with various teams in designing the solutions for service assurance, inventory management, provisioning and activation, etc. in response overall changes in the network brought in by SDN, NFV and more
* Work with world-class engineers involved in planning and orchestration of virtualizing network functions, software defined network, OpenStack, ONAP, MEF and ONF to ensure emergence of a coherent architectural framework
* Plan and execute proof of concepts (in the lab) for niche and emerging technologies.
* Responsible for providing the thought leadership to the cross-functional team in crafting solutions, and describing the impact of the new solution to systems and processes.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience
* Experience with collection methods such as NIFI or SNMP or Web socket or Rest-API and Sub/Pub mechanisms.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in EE, CS or related areas.
* Knowledge of real-time data mediation and transformation technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Storm and Hadoop ecosystem tooling.
* Experience or knowledge with advanced analytics frameworks using ML/AI.
* Strong knowledge of UNIX based operating systems such as RedHat Linux, Ubuntu Linux, or CoreOS.
* Knowledge of Wireless and Core Network; OSI Model
* Knowledge of cloud-native application architectures
* Knowledge of OpenStack based Cloud Platforms, Kubernetes and AWS.
* Knowledge of NFV and SDN products, technologies, architectures, and vendors.
* Knowledge of automation frameworks and toolsets used in cloud automation such as Ansible Tower, chef, puppet, etc.
* Analytical skills, written and verbal communications skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Experience with designing and building complex, enterprise grade architectural solutions.
* Experience with application and system monitoring frameworks.
* Experience in a majority of the following areas: OpenStack and ONAP
* Networking services consisting of Virtual and Physical Network Functions.
* Experience onboarding VNFs on to NFV Orchestrators.
* Knowledge of wireless network - LTE, IMS, MPN, RAN, Radio.
* Knowledge of wireline networks and services - Private and Public IP network services, Switched Ethernet Services, Managed network services.
* Knowledge of wireline/wireless NOC environments.
* Knowledge of switching fabric, spine leaf architecture, Wifi.
* Ability to contributions to standards such as ETSI, ONAP and others.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.