What you'll be doing...
The Network Security team within Verizon Global Network Management is seeking a Network Infrastructure Security Architect to work on our team ensuring the operational security of next-generation Verizon networks supporting exciting new products like 5G.Security Architects in this role will use their experience and knowledge of physical and virtual network element security and technologies to define and maintain security-relevant configuration devices comprising Verizon's Intelligent Edge Network.In addition to the technical work of looking at equipment configuration or network architectures, this individual will also be responsible for working across security teams, network planning teams, and engineering teams to ensure that the configuration is consistent with Verizon's operational security model.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with configuration language and capabilities of network elements made by various vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, and Ciena.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM field or four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with relevant security-related protocols and configuration
* Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting protocols like RADIUS, TACACS+, and LDAP
* Use of Virtual Routing and Forwarding tables (VRFs) to segment network traffic
* Access control lists (ACLs) and firewall filters
* Prefix lists and route filters
* IP networking and routing protocol experience
* Protocol-level understanding of IP traffic: UDP, TCP, ICMP and fundamental higher-layer protocols like DNS and HTTP
* Familiarity with routing protocols such as ISIS, OSPF, and BGP
* Understanding of methods of data collection from network equipment (SNMP, netflow, BMP, gRPC)
* Fundamental automation skills: Python or similar language experience, use of version-control systems like GIT.
* Comfortable using Linux/UNIX environments.
* Written and verbal communication skills to clearly document security requirements and issues and explain complex technical issues to management.
* Network Security certifications such as CISSP.
* Experience searching and building reporting using Splunk or ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana.
* Data analytics skills, for example with Splunk machine learning toolkit.
* Experience using APIs and other equipment configuration interfaces like netconf.
* Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
* Wilingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.