At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of our nation's hardest problems. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom.
We are seeking an IT Specialist in support of a government office responsible for IT planning and project support for a team of military officers and senior leadership. Coordinates with customer and assists with technical requirements, equipment accountability, and long range planning for the IT equipment budget. Position located in Quantico, VA.
Primary responsibilities include providing information technology support to the overall program including:
* Establish, coordinate, and execute IT support plans including network diagrams, audio/visual requirements, equipment inventory, signage/graphics, and on-site setup.
* Administration of SharePoint site collections including design, site creation, content management and user permissions
* Identifying and resolving technical issues for standalone computers and LANs; Coordinates advanced tier technical support with on base organizations or other DOD support teams
* Ensure the rigorous application of government information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices. Ensures security standards are met, applies security patches as necessary.
* Submits and tracks trouble tickets for government IT assets
* Tracking inventory for IT operations and maintaining 100% accountability standards
* Assisting users with desktop applications (Microsoft Office and SharePoint)
* Creating graphics for logos, report covers, and large format printing projects
* Schedule conferences and administers technical support for video teleconferences (VTC)
* Serve as support staff during the execution of an event
Additional responsibilities include:
* Providing administrative and analytical support for the local IT procurement process (product research, documentation, and gathering quotes)
* Design and administration of smaller scale database driven software products such as badge software.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, innovative, flexible, resourceful, and solution-oriented. The individual should be detail-oriented and a critical thinker. The individual must work well with others and be able to clearly communicate complex technical issues in plain terms.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.