.NET Software Engineer - Asset Backed Finance
Req #: 190050338
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages: .NET / C#
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
The Corporate Investment Bank is looking for a .NET software engineer to be a part of an agile team working on scaling up a .NET WPF application for broader adoption across the bank. The application provides credit facility management functions that allow clients of the Corporate Investment Bank to borrow against various forms of collateral.
As a Software Engineer you will work closely with other developers, business users, and management performing all aspects of the software development life cycle: story creation, analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
As a Software Engineer you will work with various development tools including Visual Studio, SQL Server, IIS, Git, Bit bucket, Jenkins, etc.
* Work closely with business to understand requirements and translating into efficient design
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, secure, reusable, and reliable C# code
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
* Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
* Understand and implement sound SDLC practices, cyber security and regulatory initiatives
* Implement automated unit and functional tests
The ideal candidate must have a passion for technology, have excellent problem solving skills, have a high emotional intelligence, must work in a collaborative manner, has a positive attitude, and thrives in a dynamic business and technical environment where change is constant. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
* Strong understanding of C#, IIS, WCF, and Object-Oriented programming
* Minimum 2 years of relevant development experience in developing C#, .NET applications
* Development experience in SQL Server and strong understanding of relational databases
* Proficient understanding of code versioning and deployment tools (such as Git) and familiarity with continuous integration
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills a must
Self-starter with the ability to independently learn the business and technical environment
* Experience with WPF, SSRS, and Entity Framework is a plus
* Experience in financial industry or undergraduate studies in business and finance
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.