We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be "One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place". Our software engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing radar and sensor solutions which deliver superior detecting, ranging, and tracking for military forces worldwide. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to participate on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/raytheoncompany
The GNS (Global Positioning System & Navigation Systems) and STE (Special Test Equipment) Department is a key strategic member of the Software Engineering Center. The GNS Section develops and delivers industry-leading GNS & STE technologies. We exceed our internal and external customer expectations by proactively offering superior functionality and serve as a rapid responder to their needs. We diligently adhere to Raytheon's values of People, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence.
GNS programs provide affordable Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) solutions by leveraging our existing products and technologies, focusing, research and developments, and expanding our strategic customer and supplier partnerships. GNS Programs also support all elements of military Global Positioning System (GPS) technology including aircraft GPS navigation, weapon GPS/Inertial Navigation System (INS) guidance and advanced technology programs. GNS Programs support a variety of applications such as amphibious assault vehicles, aviation, maritime, munitions and handheld devices.
GNS area programs is looking for senior software team member of a GPS Receiver development project in support of the Government's effort in the modernization of the GPS User Segment and Airborne GPS Receivers. Responsibilities include requirements analysis, software design, coding, testing, and documentation of the product development of a next-generation GPS Receiver that is P(Y)-code, M-code, and C/A-code (YMCA) capable as well as having Anti-spoof capability. A qualified candidate for GNS Programs would possess proficiency with Ada/C/C++, real time embedded programming and signal processing.
Typical job functions for the Senior Software Engineer I position in the SGNS Department include planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software development, documentation, testing, and debug of software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems. Our Software Engineers apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle as well as correct program errors, prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of program development, and analyze system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent.
* 2+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in software engineering development
* 2+ years of experience with C/C++ programming and similar languages
* Bachelor of Science degree from STEM program at accredited university
* Real time embedded programming, Communications Systems, and Signal Processing
* Working knowledge of Object Oriented IDEs
* Applies and/or develops highly advanced technologies and concepts exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in the architecture, design and concepts consistent with systems requirement and interface designs
* Experience in or willingness to work in a matrixed environment with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
* Knowledge of Agile SW Development Cycles
* Working experience in MS Office or other presentation tools
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Working knowledge with MIL-STD-1553, IS-GPS-153 Serial Interface protocol, signal selection, acquisition and tracking, Position, Velocity, and Time (PVT) calculation, data demodulation, signal correction, jamming and spoofing or related applications
* 2+ years of experience in Green Hills Integrity and/or Wind River VxWorks Real-time Operating Systems or equivalent, board support package (BSP), Green Hills Multi IDE for C/C++ or related operating systems
* Understanding of Board Support Package for ARM Processor, Atom Processor, and PPC
* Work related experience in algorithm and hardware design
* Basics understanding of FORTRAN, ClearCase, ClearQuest, and DOORS
* Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, Static Code Analysis using Coverity, Unit Test using VectorCast, and Test Driven Methodologies
* Understanding of software best practices and development life cycles
* Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases
* Must have demonstrated ability to produce robust, well-documented, production-quality code which includes conforming to design and coding standards, implementing error handling routines, etc.
* Must have demonstrated ability to develop software using industry standard process such as Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3
BS or higher degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or relevant STEM degree.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems. 140966 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.