What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment with new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon is seeking a Cyber Engineer to support the Customer's SE&I team to assess architectures and requirements, to develop derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts, and to support Agile scrum teams in the development of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
* Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cybersecurity infrastructure and key resources
* Assess and analyze system security to identify and mitigate risks and vulnerabilities.
* Recommend countermeasures to mitigate risks and vulnerabilities.
* Support the configuration and administration of cyber security tools and systems
* Test existing and new technologies
* Perform basic system design functions, including interpretive analyses, chart preparation and associated diagrams/enhancement plans
* Ensure applicable documentation is updated according to client standards.
* Review/analyze requested changes for equipment, technology and/or other factors/trends, which are planned for deployment in the customer space
* U.S. Citizenship
* Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* 6+ years experience related to Cyber Security Engineering
* Excellent understanding of cyber security technologies and concepts, experience in design and implementation of secure network solutions
* Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships in all levels of the organization, including customers, organizations, internal management, and support
* Experience with standard security principles, policies, standards and industry best practices.
* Strong leadership and communication skills
* Knowledge of U.S. Government Information Assurance policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and objectives.
* Experience with four or more of the following:
a) Security COTS integration
b) Security Incident Event Management
c) Insider Threat Monitoring
d) Operating System Hardening
e) Vulnerability Assessment testing
f) Identification and Authentication schemes
g) Public Key Infrastructure and Identity Management
h) Cross Domain Solutions
i) Computer Network Exploitation (CNE)
j) Computer Network Operations (CNO)
k) Malware Analysis
l) Reverse Software Engineering
* Experience and knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, sockets and security), operating systems (Windows/UNIX/Linux), and web technologies (Internet security)
* Knowledge of Information Assurance and Information Operations technologies and development activities.
* Working knowledge of network protocols and common services such as DNS, FTP, email,
* Understanding of the processes and guidelines for Certifying & Accrediting (DCID, ICD, NIST 800-53, SANS 20) information systems based upon experience on a large-scale development program.
* Knowledge of software development and systems development lifecycle practices
* Practical experience hardening IT systems in compliance with STE/STIG guidelines
* Experience working with teams in an agile development environment
* DHS experience
BS Cyber Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.