What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
MTS Customer Application Engineer (Embedded)
This position is in the Datacenter and Embedded Solutions Group, Embedded business unit which will be a Customer Application Support Engineer for x86 architecture processors and discrete graphic processors for Embedded products. The Customer Applications Engineering team (CAE) is a global organization that helps customers design, integrate, and maintain enterprise level storage products. A CAE team works directly with Field Application Engineers, R&D engineers, and customers to launch new customer products and resolve reported issues.
Provide guidance to ODM/OEM customers on properly integrating AMD processor into embedded products and custom designs. Guidance consists of architecture reviews, schematic reviews, design-in support and training customers on product features. Analyze, debug, & root cause issues found with AMD processor enabled platform and work with appropriate development teams to provide a solution. Train field sales and support staff in the features and uses of AMD products. Occasional international travel is needed.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering plus 8+ years of relevant experience in the areas of embedded system (or Masters Degree in related field plus 6 years of relevant experience).
* Experience with industry standard IO interfaces - PCIe gen3/4, DDR4, XGbE, I2C, USB, HDMI, Display Port
* Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and debugging HW and/or SW issues at SoC and System level. Experience with x86 architecture SoC platform design is a plus.
* Proven track record of designing high end processor hardware platforms
* Experience with BIOS or firmware is a plus
* Strong experience in Cadence tools, like Concept, Capture, Allegro
* Strong skills at understanding customer needs and identifying solutions to their challenges
* Collaborate with cross-organizational teams and customer findings to identify root cause and resolution
* Good written and strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate technical solutions with the customer and internal teams
* Self-motivated and a strong self-driven learner who learns new technologies quickly
Requisition Number: 72527
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.