AWS Managed Services helps to reduce your operational overhead and risk. AWS Managed Services unburdens you from infrastructure operations so you can direct resources toward differentiating your business.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated consultants who possess a unique balance of cloud experience, strong interpersonal, and business acumen to delivere a scalable playbook for large-scale migrations to the AMS platform, leveraging best practices in technical, operations, compliance and project delivery.
In this role, you will be part in the first wave of an innovative and ambitious program to build our AMS Application Migration Competency Center. You will partner with customers, AWS Managed Services, and other professional service domains other AWS teams to rapidly build and deploy both teams and technology to customers to accelerate the migration to AMS. As a trusted expert on AMS you will help organizations understand best practices around migration of existing workloads to AMS, how to operate in the AMS model, and how to continuously improve your cloud application portfolio with AMS.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, a solid technical background, be able to build and improve systems and processes, and have demonstrated experience leading cross-functional technical teams.
* Responsibilities and Abilities include:*
* Collaborate with AWS field teams, Service Teams and Remote Consulting Services to deliver applications into AMS accounts * Define and deliver application portfolio assessments and migration plans. * Experience leveraging formal project management and development methodologies on enterprise level engagements. * Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology.
* Take Ownership of the entire customer migration journey. * Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness. * Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute. * Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and migration playbook with limited guidance.
* Deliver successful migration projects with multiple cross-functional stakeholders internal and external. * Plays an active role in managing project goals and driving teams to achieve customers' business outcomes by managing issues, risks, decisions, and action items. * Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time. * Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement. * Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations. * Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities. * Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels. * Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
* Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, global company environment. * Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports. * This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.*
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.