At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Guidance, Navigation, and Control at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer - Inertial Navigation 5 based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
* Perform program technical planning.
* Participate in the development of program costing efforts.
* Utilize the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) to track and facilitate program execution.
* Perform technical assessment of customer needs/requirements during proposal phase.
* Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements/needs into verifiable hardware and software specifications.
* Plan and execute system integration, verification and validation as part of a cross functional team.
* Participate as a team member to drive issues to root cause and enact corrective design actions.
* Prepare and present technical data to management and customers.
* Organize and participates in system verification activities.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Systems, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Physics with a minimum of 14 years of experience; Master's degree with 12 years of experience; PhD with 9 years of experience.
* Experienced in Guidance Navigation and Control systems including Inertial, GPS and Embedded GPS & Inertial (EGI) systems.
* Demonstrated expertise within Systems Engineering to include but not limited to requirements analysis, requirements allocation, requirements decomposition, requirements development and verification & validation.
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities to include mentorship of junior engineers.
* Must have prior experience working frequently with external customers.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills is expected.
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
* Experience in control system analysis, electronics and inertial measurement technology as applied to advanced inertial measurement and navigation systems.
* Experience with MathCad and Matlab/Simulink.
* Familiarity with the DOORS Requirements management tool.
* Experience with DO178 & DO254 desired.
* Familiarity with Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) are pluses.
* Industry/Company Recognition and Awards, Attendance and Participation in industry/engineering conferences and symposiums, and/or Patent/Disclosures/Publications.
* Masters or Doctorate degree is desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.