Manages, plans, organizes, coordinates and oversees the information security operations and administration functions to ensure timely and cost-effective information protection.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
* Leads the Information Security team, ensuring PCI compliance and introducing risk mitigation efforts. Develops, recommends and implements IT security administration methodologies.
* Ensures rapid and effective response to IT security incidents. Utilizes computer forensics for gathering and preserving evidence. Acts as a liaison with law enforcement and other external agencies when required.
* Provides expert information security guidance and advises leadership on best practices. Maintains knowledge of existing and emerging security trends, threats and control measures. Engages in various information security communities.
* Coordinates periodic Information Security Reviews, assessing systems, processes and infrastructure. Oversees the information security risk register. Presents recommendations and implements changes to mitigate risks.
* Serves as application owner for AEA, the application that supports application access and control as well as creates base information for auditing. Also acts as the application manager and application architect. Manages resources for daily support, application enhancements, and problem diagnosis/ remediation.
* Provides oversite on the SIEM's internal usage and the SOC functioning. Performs the roles of application owner, application architect & application manager.
* Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures related to Information Security. Proactively recommends updates/revisions to policies & procedures when required.
* Provides high quality Information Security guidance documentation and training. Documents new and modified security systems to provide a detailed description for reference.
* Develops and maintains meaningful metrics and dashboards for monitoring and raising awareness of information security risks within the company.
* Acts as a liaison with external security agencies where required. Ensures that requested information is provided on a timely and secure basis.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, Business or a closely related field and six years progressively responsible professional related experience in supervising computer operations in a midrange or mainframe environment, technical support, security administration and/or computer programming and analysis; or equivalent.
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or modifications on technical or other complex concepts to individuals with little or no background in the area under discussion.
Requires the ability to perform analyses involving ratios, percentages and simple statistical methods.
Requires advanced knowledge of various software applications for creating documents, reports and/or graphics.
Works in an office environment.
Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
Atmos Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
About Atmos Energy
Atmos Energy engages in the regulated natural gas distribution, and pipeline and storage businesses.