1. Utilizes a variety of data sources and data types to provide data analysis for various clients primarily as it relates to the geographic component.
2. Provide technical support to the GIS/GPS/CAD Operations staff IT and other end user clients.
3. Provides training and mentoring to others involved in geographic information systems and related activities.
4. Keeps abreast of emerging and changing technologies as they relate to the geographic information systems.
5. Designs utilizes and updates customized databases to facilitate communication of GIS data in a graphical tabular or presentation type format.
6. Maintains a working knowledge of satellite and aerial photography and general cartographic principles and practices including datums and projections.
7. Represents the company on internal and external committees and projects regarding GIS issues and data including other utilities contractors & regulators.
8. Assists in developing and implementing GIS procedures and practices establishing techniques and standards.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience in ArcGIS Pro, ModelBuilder or Python Scripting is preferred.
EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Bachelor's degree in geography engineering math or IT/programming or a related field and five years related experience in GIS administration and/or programming; or A general educational knowledge acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and seven years related experience in GIS administration and/or programming.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or information on technical concepts to individuals with little or no experience or knowledge of the technical area.
NUMERIC SKILLS: Requires the ability to perform analyses involving ratios percentages simple statistical methods algebra trig and geometry.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Requires a very high level of computer skills in order to use and/or understand various programming languages for writing modifying and executing programs.
WORK CONDITIONS: Works in an office environment. Includes occasional travel out of town overnight. Requires occasionally performing activities including but not limited to bending stooping grasping reaching twisting turning and/or lifting.
Atmos Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion gender national origin age disability or veteran status.
About Atmos Energy
Atmos Energy engages in the regulated natural gas distribution, and pipeline and storage businesses.