BAE Systems is looking for a Technology Development Manager II to Capture Business in Multimodal Fusion. In this role, you will lead cutting-edge image and video exploitation research impacting real-world problems to keep our country safe!
Who we are:
The BAE Systems' Video, Image, and Spectral eXploitation (VISX) directorate is a leading multidisciplinary R&D department dedicated to meeting critical U.S. military needs. VISX is the video and image processing R&D engine for all of BAE Systems North America, yet it runs more like a boutique firm. It's the best of both worlds--combining a small-company feel, in a research laboratory setting, with access to a large company's technology transition paths, customer base, and other resources. VISX executes a variety of scientific and engineering R&D efforts for the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Intelligence Community (IC). Join us for amazing R&D challenges and work on revolutionary video and image exploitation technology that makes a direct real-world impact.
What we offer:
* Exciting video and image exploitation research
* Exceptional teammates
* Opportunities to learn and grow
* A fun workplace, excellent benefits, and every other Friday off
Focus on the following technologies:
Multimodal Fusion of Imaging and Video Sources
* Image, video, and spectral processing leveraging multiple sensor types (e.g.,EO, IR, Hyperspectral)
* Association of video with text
* Object recognition
* EO, IR, SAR, Hyperspectral phenomenology
* Integrated circuit design understanding through imaging
* Tomography using a variety of sensor types
* Registration of outputs from multiple modalities
* Relevant mission understanding
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced Technology Development Manager II to work all phases - business capture, proposal development, program execution, research lead, people management- of cutting edge multimodal fusion R&D efforts.Primary emphasis on the development of new and existing customer relationships at DARPA, AFRL, and the IC in areas relating to multimodal fusion and other video/image exploitation applications. Additionally you will:
* Generate ideas for potential proposals and be responsible for leading proposals
* Design, develop, execute, and implement research projects involving complex sub-systems often involving multiple disciplines.
* Investigate the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to complex algorithms and potential products
* Contribute to and/or co-author external publications (conference papers /presentations, journal articles, and /or books).
* Provide project management reporting and documentation
* Manage project tasks (resource allocation and scheduling) for small/medium groups (1-10)
* Participate in external project interactions with other companies
This position can be based out of our Burlington, MA, Arlington, VA or Reston,VA facilities, though it will require collaboration with staff across our business areas and facilities in the Northeast.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.