BAE Systems is seeking a Space Systems Chief Engineer to support multiple fast-paced, strategic programs across our Space Systems product line. The Chief Engineer will have expert knowledge of space electronics payloads, systems, and missions. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the technical integrity of mission concepts, approaches, and analyses, at all levels of the system throughout the product lifecycle. This includes architecture development, requirements analysis, concepts of operation, interfaces, hardware design, software design, acquisition, integration, validation, and verification.
The successful candidate will work with engineering, manufacturing, and technical management, to deliver high-performance systems and payloads within cost and schedule constraints. The Chief Engineer will also work with engineering leadership, program management, and business development to provide input and engineering insight into next-generation technologies and architectures, in support of the business strategy and roadmap.
BAE Systems is seeking experienced engineering professionals to join our established and rapidly expanding Space Systems Product Line. We are a premier provider of advanced high-reliability space electronics, boxes, sensors and subsystems with products that have enabled a wide variety of civil, commercial, and national security space missions for more than 25 years. Our development of advanced processing solutions enable our customers to deliver new mission capabilities to address evolving challenges and threats across critical communication, navigation, surveillance and tracking, planetary exploration, weather and classified missions. Apply now to join an industry leading team dedicated to designing and building innovative space solutions.
* Apply heuristic and functional decomposition techniques to scope the design and development of new architectures.
* Provide engineering expertise for RF or EO/IR payload missions
* Work closely with systems and design engineers to rapidly assess conceptual designs, develop solutions, and establish system requirements and performance parameters.
* Develop concepts of operations for space systems which clearly describe system function and employment without overspecification
* Document system-level architecture, such as states and modes, functional block diagrams, and data flows.
* Craft system budgets and technical performance metrics to track key requirements compliance throughout the program lifecycle.
* Perform resource analysis, trajectory and mission design, and element sizing.
* Contribute to subsystem architecture definition through identification and sizing of components and proposing advanced technology pursuits.
* Develop major system level interfaces, system requirements, and verification as documented in specifications, ICDs, and verification plans.
* Develop system-level Master Equipment List and time-phased operational resource utilization.
* Perform system-level Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA).
* Perform risk management, risk identification, and risk mitigation.
* Communicate results to program management and customers.
* Maintain and report schedule, budget, and technical status.
* Mentor and technically assist other engineers.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.