The TEQ Release Engineering Team creates an industrial-strength release engineering service suitable for use at all stages of the digital transformation journey. Building platform & capabilities to enable automation in release with increasing transparency in quality & compliance and enforcement through automated gates.
We are looking for a curious, creative and crafty engineer to join T-Mobile's Enterprise Monitoring team within Transformation, Engineering & Quality. We use cutting edge tools to ensure our websites and application are performing at their peak. As a Technology Sr. Software Engineer you will work with a team of other software, network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet requirements; scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments.
* Understands in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is current available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view.
* Automation First that enables E2E traceability & transparency
* Drive building self-service, data driven, and decentralized decision making
* Deep understanding of the customer pain points and needs around Delivery. Customer Focused and Value based development.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications Required:
* Experience and expertise in the technology stack, code, and processes for their domain/capability/platform area - SDLC tools, Environment, Release, Delivery Pipeline, Assets, Security, Functional Testing, Automation, SV, Performance, Data Services, etc.
* Unique and specialized skills for each team/capability/platform area.
* Has had development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead Software Engineer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 Software Engineers.
* Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff
* Has experience working with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
* Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers
Technology & System
* Hands-on coding/build/automation/setup/transformation for relese engineering platforms
* Automation and Self-Service Mindset.
* Build APIs, open source plug-ins and self-service tools to invoke and integrate capabilities, platforms, solutions to empower CI/CD and DevOps resulting in increased time to value.
* Identify and automate all repeatable manual task
* Identify recurring problems and build automation solutions to auto-identify & remediate them
* Run Manual Test or Process/Procedures our customers perform to understand the pain and how to drive automation and building frameworks/tools/capabilities to support the enterprise
* Automate end to end release lifecycle through industrial strength capabilities
* Automate manual activities and bring efficiencies into Release Management Process
Software Lifecycle Management - Review / Coach / QA / Standards Compliance
* Manage and provide design/code reviews for your vendor engineering resources - code reviews, standards enforcement, quality & SLA management.
* Monitor and manage the reports/SLAs of dev work and documentation is maintained
* Understand your customer's pain points, challenges, requirements and provide an open feedback loop for continuous improvement. Build a partnering relationship with your customers. Know your customers, their architecture, their code, their pains, and how to best support them to optimize delivery & quality
Strategy / Innovation / Market Research
* Understand latest technologies, continuously improve, optimize processes, automation, etc
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.