Fiesta Restaurant Group
Are you looking to be part of a growing company founded on the belief that success comes from the constant pursuit of innovation and quality, genuine hospitality, being courageous, caring for one another and... having FUN? Then join our team of professionals.
We believe in the fundamental dignity and value of every individual, and we believe that everyone on our team has something special to offer. We look to reward and promote our people to reach their highest potential.
You will need an email account click here to create one if you do not currently have one: Create Email Account
When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character.
Leads the architecture, design and development of POS technologies and supporting platforms. Evaluates and recommends vendors, hardware and software solutions. Establishes and implements standards for POS system deployment. Engineers solutions, tools and scripts to automate manual processes. Provides timely resolution to restaurant technology issues through the internal support team and third-party resources. Hires, develops and leads the internal resources. Partners with third-party vendors as appropriate to achieve these goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Systems Architecture & Engineering
* Consult in the design, testing and selection of all new restaurant technology hardware and software solutions.Architect solutions for POS, back office, drive-thru timers, order confirmation boards, kitchen video systems, payment terminals, surveillance systems, tablets and other restaurant technologies.
* Develop and maintain standard images for POS terminals, Back Office computers, payment terminals and other devices.Establish a process to apply security updates and periodic application software updates on a timely basis. Update image repository and distribute to appropriate vendors.
* Develop and maintain automated processes to remotely configure, image and deploy POS terminals and Back Office computers, applications, software updates and settings.
* Implement automated staging processes for new/replacement hardware, new restaurant openings and system refreshes to ensure standard and consistent deployments.
* Leverage scripting languages such as VBScript, PowerShell, DOS Command Shell, Group Policy, Python, and SQL to automate manual processes and develop technical solutions.
* Develop and manage a hybrid team of internal/external resources and service providers to deliver best in class Help Desk, Field Service and Depot Repair services to the restaurants.
* Monitor incident tracking system and follow up with assigned personnel/vendors to ensure timely resolution of restaurant IT issues.
* Manage Help Desk staffing schedules based on call volume patterns to ensure phone calls and tickets are responded to on a timely basis.
* Establish & manage service levels for 3rd party service providers.
* Maintain a central source of information enabling Help Desk staff and support technicians to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels.
* Isolate problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
* Provide expert-level support to Help Desk staff and other teams in response to issues raised. Document solutions to common or recurring problems to educate other teams.
* Coordinate with software vendors to prioritize enhancement requests and bug fixes; manage the release cycle; lead the testing/QA, pilot, roll-out, troubleshooting and support of new releases.Ensure successful system-wide deployment without operations impact.
* Deploy configuration changes and software updates to the restaurants timely, accurately and in accordance with established change control procedures. Monitor the deployment of all changes to ensure completion. Follow-up on failed deployments and resolve issues.
* Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department and the restaurants.
* Ensure that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried through.
* Coordinate training requirements of Help Desk personnel.
* Identify, create and enhance processes to streamline and improve service delivery.
* Establish issue tracking and resolution standards including appropriate categorization of issues.
* Define triage procedures and populate and maintain knowledge base to be used in troubleshooting and correcting problems.
* Define escalation processes with service providers and internal departments. Monitor escalation procedures to ensure restaurant issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
* Monitor and report on current trends to develop and maintain Help Desk responses.
* Manage the POS Engineering & Support team as required to ensure high quality, timely deliverables with the associated written communication to the end user.
* Provide timely updates to departmental and senior management on the status of key initiatives to ensure objectives are met and priorities reestablished regularly.
* Recommend solutions based on internally researched and developed business cases
* Set a high standard for all department personnel to ensure smooth operations, well-respected by its users as responsive, accurate, and high quality.
* Work with Help Desk staff to ensure position redundancy, expectation management, team building, knowledge transfer and low employee turnover
* Management skills are required to successfully perform the planning, managing, reporting and administrative responsibilities of this position.
* Demonstrated management and decision-making skills concerning Information Systems policies, processes and procedures, with a proved track record of completing tasks and/or project within budget and on schedule.
* Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment.
* Remains on-call during off-peak hours to respond to support service issues
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by VP of Information Technology
* Other duties as assigned
* Manage POS Engineering & Support Team
* anage vendors providing restaurant support and implementation services
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required, or equivalent experience
* Minimum 10 years of retail systems experience required
* Minimum 5 years of Help Desk experience required
* Minimum 5 years of Information Systems supervisory or management experience required
* Minimum 5 years of Information Systems project leader/manager experience required.
* Business systems knowledge required, including POS, sales, labor, cash, inventory and system exports/imports.
* Must have the ability to express ideas persuasively and clearly
* Must have good written and oral communication skills
* Must have strong analytical skills
* Must have the ability to organize and present material in a manner to gain agreement or acceptance
* Must be able to document and present technical issues to be understood at a user (non-technical) level
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Visio
* Help Desk software applications
* Working knowledge of Retail/Restaurant POS and BackOffice software systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel, and also to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Temperature controlled office
* The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate
* Some travel will be required
* hours as needed
* Computer, fax, calculator, copier, phone, mobile phone, tablet
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current employee, please apply using the internal application process. Reach out to your manager for more information
About Fiesta Restaurant Group
Fiesta Restaurant Group owns, operates, and franchises fast-casual restaurants.