Are you looking for something more than just a job? Well, good news - we're looking for someone who is more than just an employee! At bluebird bio, we push ourselves every day to deliver un-incremental results, join us at the heart of it all as a member of the Program and Portfolio Management team. The PPM team harnesses bluebird's unique Individual Collectivism to drive programs forward through collaborative leadership, providing clarity, direction and a shared sense of purpose to achieve amazing results for patients. There are no boring days at bluebird, so our ideal team member is one who is excited by the opportunity to be a leader on cross-functional teams solving complex science and business challenges, and who thrives in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Oncology Program Management, the successful candidate will provide program management support across the Oncology research pipeline to achieve successful advancement of novel cell therapy-based approaches for the treatment of various Oncology disease indications and achieve our vision of making hope a reality for patients.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual who embraces the learning within the challenges and who will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Come make your mark with us!
About the Role:
* Establish strong partnerships with key cross-functional stakeholders, including Technical Leads, and work with them to shape the overall strategy, goal setting & successful execution of research-stage projects
* Work closely with the team members to develop and maintain integrated, cross-functional project plans and ensure continued team alignment through identification and communication of interdependencies and critical path activities
* Develop and distribute agendas and meeting minutes to ensure presenters are prepared, objectives are clear, and the outcomes are documented for communication to the team and broader organization
* Implement effective project tracking and communication of plan status to all stakeholders
* Proactively identify risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks, and work with teams to develop and implement mitigation plans
* Facilitate process for content development to support franchise and portfolio meetings & reporting
* Proactively seek out opportunities for organizational improvement (e.g. meeting structure, information storage flow, communication, etc.)
* Contribute to department initiatives as needed to support the effective scaling of Program & Portfolio capabilities
* You have a BS/BA or equivalent scientific degree, as well as a minimum of 2 years relevant project management experience in a scientific research setting with demonstrated success in executing against cross-functional deliverables
* You are experienced with working in a matrix environment and managing interactions between internal team members
* You possess strong verbal and written communication, as well as listening, skills and excel at relationship building
* Experience with MS Project is a plus
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills are essential
* Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
* You are highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, with demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities
* You are ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b you
About Bluebird Bio
Bluebird Bio offers products based on the transformative potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic and orphan diseases.